Asus Chromebook Flip damaged screen: repairable?

Londonohio

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
My son just showed us his Chromebook, a screenshot of which I'll attach here. He also showed us the magnet in his bag, unsure if the two are cause and effect. Any insights are appreciated (I don't have the full model # to hand, but it's a flip bought last Dec for 4th grader). Many thanks.

Attachments

• 4769.jpg
    4769.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 11

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I replaced the screen on my Acer CB5-571 Chromebook several months ago, and it was pretty easy, with the help of a good YouTube video. Here's one I found for the ASUS Flip C100PA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzXCAfYGL7I

If that's not your son's exact model (look at the sticker on the bottom of the device), then do a Google search for "[model number] screen replacement." This should also give you some places where you can purchase a replacement screen. I got mine from laptopscreen.com.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My son just showed us his Chromebook, a screenshot of which I'll attach here. He also showed us the magnet in his bag, unsure if the two are cause and effect. Any insights are appreciated (I don't have the full model # to hand, but it's a flip bought last Dec for 4th grader). Many thanks.

It's definitely repairable, depending on if you want to spend the cash for the repair vs buying another one. The video B. Diddy linked to shows how simple the repair is once you get the part. Another option is taking it to a 3rd party vendor such as uBreakiFix and letting them buy the part and install it for you—but then you're paying for labor as well, usually around $90 or $100 in labor.
I sent you a PM, by the way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I should mention that the replacement screen I got was around $80. So they're not super-cheap, but it can still be cheaper than buying a brand new Chromebook!

Londonohio

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I should mention that the replacement screen I got was around $80. So they're not super-cheap, but it can still be cheaper than buying a brand new Chromebook!

Thanks all, for the prompt help. We've got a friend who said he can help us with a DIY ( you tube) replacement, so we'll give that a go.

GGchrome

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi there!

Just saw this post and my son's screen looks exactly the same! I've searched google and can't find a source for a replacement screen. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Warmly,
GG

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX