ASUS C302CA so nice...

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
For me it crashes every 5-10 minutes in Beta channel. Uninstalled every extension and app (web store and google play store) and it still did. Gmail android app became nonresponsive, and the crashes never stopped.

Anyone else have this problem? Know what might be causing this? Some people seem to have no problem with the Beta channel.

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Im having the same problem. Have not tried going back to stable to see if its a hardware issue. Probably will do that before calling support.

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Im having the same problem. Have not tried going back to stable to see if its a hardware issue. Probably will do that before calling support.

I switched to dev channel and it works smooth. must be that specific build. I've got Google play apps running like it's nobody's business now.

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
At least that rules out a hardware problem. Didn't want to have to return it. Hopefully an update will come out soon.

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
since Samsung is coming out next week with their "playstore ready" Chromebook, I assume it should be pretty soon

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Update On Crashes. Just heard from Asus support. They said the beta channel is having problems and I need to switch to the stable channel to avoid the crashes. Guess I'll just have to wait for the play store to arrive on the stable channel. Hopefully, that will happen within the next week since Samsung says their new Chromebook coming out next week will ship with play store on it.

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have to say I can highly recommend Dev channel. I haven't had a single hiccup since switching 5 days ago, and I'm using only a few Android apps that I need for it to be worth it as a daily driver.

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just received update to version 56 on stable channel. Play store is now on the stable channel. Unfortunately, the stable channel is now crashing just like the beta channel did. Very frustrating.

Last edited:

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I removed the play store and no crashing so I reinstalled the play store and only downloaded a few apps. So far no crashes. I think there are probably some android apps that are causing the whole unit to crash. I'm going to load android apps one at a time and see if i can determine which ones are causing the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs