Nexus 7 or ipad for college?

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use their 7 in a college setting? All of my friends have ipads for taking notes, looking up info and reading textbooks in class. I've noticed a vast majority of textbooks available for the ipad as well and have heard that coursework is an area Android still trails by a large margin. Does anybody have experience with this? This is not an Apple vs Android thing for me (though I prefer Android), it's a "best college experience" thing.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone use their 7 in a college setting? All of my friends have ipads for taking notes, looking up info and reading textbooks in class. I've noticed a vast majority of textbooks available for the ipad as well and have heard that coursework is an area Android still trails by a large margin. Does anybody have experience with this? This is not an Apple vs Android thing for me (though I prefer Android), it's a "best college experience" thing.

Are they buying their textbooks through iBooks or Kindle? The decision really shouldn't be on the hardware. It's about which ecosystem has the content you need. If you can get your books through Kindle instead of iBooks, I would go with the Nexus 7 and just use the Kindle app on it. It's a more portable device so lugging it around might not be that big of an issue.

If you really need the larger screen, go with the iPad. You can get your textbooks through both iBooks and still have access to Kindle content.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Are they buying their textbooks through iBooks or Kindle? The decision really shouldn't be on the hardware. It's about which ecosystem has the content you need. If you can get your books through Kindle instead of iBooks, I would go with the Nexus 7 and just use the Kindle app on it. It's a more portable device so lugging it around might not be that big of an issue.

If you really need the larger screen, go with the iPad. You can get your textbooks through both iBooks and still have access to Kindle content.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

I'm investigating the content thing now. Campuses are very Apple centric when you ask but I think the reason for that is simply that Apple has pushed it. They have pushed the device as an educational tool and people bought in to that. Brilliant on their part! But does that make it better? I will find out soon!