Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it safe to charge my battery before it empty? Asus MeMo Pad Smart 10 19Wh Li-polymer Battery

I can't find this answer anywhere. I know at 14% it tells me to charge the battery, but is is safe to charge it before then?
    I'd like to charge it up, no matter what level it is at before I leave the house.
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    8,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Is it safe to charge my battery before it empty? Asus MeMo Pad Smart 10 19Wh Li-polymer Battery

Yes, you will be ok. I think the rule of thumb is to not let it fully discharge and to not keep it on the charger for extended periods of time once it has reached a full charge. Charging at 14% is fine.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Re: Is it safe to charge my battery before it empty? Asus MeMo Pad Smart 10 19Wh Li-polymer Battery

I never let mine get below 50%. Battery University website has a page of charts that show the less you let it discharge the more charges you get. I don't recall the numbers now but I remember the sweet spot was charging it when it got to about 75%. The differences aren't great but you do get somewhat more battery life if you charge it more.

Barry