1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default Asus EeePad Slider Anyone?

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Default Re: Asus EeePad Slider Anyone?

be nice to see one in person. A little thicker than I thought; but still a nice looking product; had the transformer minus dock for 13 days and enjoyed it; but returned for a xoom via Staples Coupon deal. Holiday's should be interesting w/ Tegra 3 powered devices hopefully :-)

Global Posts
    2,318 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I like it, but I don't know. I have the Transformer with the dock. I first thought I would miss the track pad on the dock, but I rarely use it as it's just easier to reach up and touch the screen. I'd have to see it and play around with it.

I actually donít use the keyboard attached to the TF as much as I thought I would. When travelling it seems to get in the way as much as it does offer additional functionality.

If the slider comes with a full USB port and a full SD slot, it would be a pretty good option. Like my phone (Droid 3) a keyboard isnít needed most of the time, but when it is, the ability to just slide it out and start using it is awesome.

-Suntan

Global Posts
    2,318 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I actually donít use the keyboard attached to the TF as much as I thought I would. When travelling it seems to get in the way as much as it does offer additional functionality.

If the slider comes with a full USB port and a full SD slot, it would be a pretty good option. Like my phone (Droid 3) a keyboard isnít needed most of the time, but when it is, the ability to just slide it out and start using it is awesome.

-Suntan
    You know, I don't use the dock as much as I thought I would too. I mainly use it so when sitting on the couch I don't have to hold the tablet up. I for sure don't use the touch pad at all. I turn if off actually. It's really useless to me now since the 3.2 update. I mean, a circle instead of a mouse pointer?

From the video, it looks like it has a micro SD, 1 USB and an HDMI port.

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Nice concept but Ill stick to my transformer. Been great to me thus far.

Although Ill agree the mouse is pretty useless sometimes, but I prefer it for scrolling.
    Last edited by sphinxx; 08-03-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Been in the market for a tablet for a couple of months now. Had a chance to see the Slider concept in person at CES this year, and been waiting for it's release ever since.
    The added bonuses of a sliding keyboard and possible 2.0 usb and full sd slot are a major win.

Supposedly it's soon to be released next month (and hopefully reasonably priced as well).
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    http://squintzy.mybrute.com

Received mine on Sept 28, and I must say I love it. My first tablet, so it's hard to compare with others, but weight doesn't seem to be an issue. The keyboard makes it a great product. I often pop the keyboard when it's on my lap just to keep it at a readable issue without holding it. No complaints at all, except a very minor peeve - the power button is not easy to find by feel. I often hit the volume button or the chrome trip piece by mistake. The USB port is a deal maker for me also. Performance is excellent.

ROM
    Calkulins E4GT.ROM.v3.0

Now I know what ANDROID sounds like !!! Will watch again after ordering Rosseta Stone Android 101.

I just found them on the Best Buy website. Must be carrying them now. I'm gonna go tomorrow to look.

BB and Frys have carried them on their websites for a week or 2, but locally here in southern NV they are not available to view at the showroom...only available to order...shame...I always want to hold and see b4 I buy! Good Luck, hopefully you will hold one of these little delights..

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Question Re: Asus EeePad Slider Anyone?

just got my Slider from Amazon (typing this reply on it) and first impressions are good. The slide out keyboard is a winner. Beats having a separate keyboard like the Transformer. And btw, screen/form factor wise - this is essentialy the transformer with a slide out keyboard. Keyboard has a very good and tactile feel and I agree with other comments here that the touch pad is barely missed.

But I just discovered another issue, which for me is pretty huge since I'm a heavy email user. Can't find anywhere a Search find on email??? Unless I'm completely blind - dont think it has this feature, which my HTC Thunderbolt has and a few other Android devices I've had also had.

I don't believe this is an Android 3.1 issue because I seem to remember the Xoom I had, featured this functionality (but maybe Im getting old and it didnt?)

Any comments/insights on this most welcome!!

PS. the Gmail app does have a Search function, but the universal email app does not seem to.
    Last edited by zohan777; 10-16-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Did anyone find a better email app? I noticed that there is no search and the sent mail shows the From rather than the to. Since I am always the from this is not good info. would like to sort on the To.

Jim

I have had the slider since October - bought it at HH Gregg in Tennesse. They had one in store to test out. Love it. Does anyone know if you can change the fonts? I would like a little more contrast. Plus having an issue with the charger - it isn't working and haven't had a response from my question to ASUS tech support as yet. They have 30 minutes on their 48 hour window to respond.