Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By relic74
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default ICS for Slider?

According to ASUS Website... We are suppose to get Android 4... ICS.

I'm reading all over that ICS is out for the prime and today they are releasing it for the TF101?
    What about the Slider?

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101

Default Re: ICS for Slider?

The TF-101 gets it alittle later than that and u can assume the slider can get it nearly the same time bc the hardware is similar.

Eee Pad Transformer to receive Ice Cream Sandwich after January 12th, ASUS confirms -- Engadget
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

I hope the Dev's get a custom rom going. I love this little device and tinkering with it.

Any updates on the ice update?

You know you can use any of the ICS roms that XDA host that were made for the Transformer. My Slider has been rocking the ICS the first day it was released for the Transformer. I have 0 problems, their pretty identical when it comes to hardware. I'm using the Android Revolution HD 3.01 rom, overclocked my Slider to 1.6GHZ and It runs perfect. Fast as hell and I even have a Ubuntu running in a dual boot.

So good luck and there is no reason why you need to wait.
    Grandadd likes this.

ROM
    New flavor every week

Talking Re: ICS for Slider?

Quote Originally Posted by relic74 View Post
    You know you can use any of the ICS roms that XDA host that were made for the Transformer. My Slider has been rocking the ICS the first day it was released for the Transformer. I have 0 problems, their pretty identical when it comes to hardware. I'm using the Android Revolution HD 3.01 rom, overclocked my Slider to 1.6GHZ and It runs perfect. Fast as hell and I even have a Ubuntu running in a dual boot.

Is there somewhere where I can learn how to dual boot mine with Android/Ubuntu

ROM
    New flavor every week

Talking Re: ICS for Slider?

Quote Originally Posted by relic74 View Post

Is there somewhere where I can learn how to dual boot mine with Android/Ubuntu

That's a great news to get ICS update on ASUS EeePad Slider.
    Harrison Ford

Does anyone know when the official ICS is due for the Slider? Asus webpage is worthless, and the Chat is never available.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

it is available now, check for your software updates