Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Default ICS minor stability issues on Slider

I accepted the OTA update yesterday. First, I like the look, and won't be going back. The issues I'm noting aren't enough to warrant that.

1. The screen has an occasional flicker that I can't pin down to any particular activity. If it wasn't for the fact that this is (obviously) an LCD I'd characterize it as a too slow refresh rate.

2. I was re-arranging my widgets when everything suddenly just disappeared. I could move back and forth between panes, but there was simply nothing there. A reboot solved that issue.

3. I set the tablet down to get something from the kitchen and came back to see it rebooting itself. No apparent reason, nothing going on.

So, my findings thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by bbroecker View Post
    I accepted the OTA update yesterday. First, I like the look, and won't be going back. The issues I'm noting aren't enough to warrant that.

1. The screen has an occasional flicker that I can't pin down to any particular activity. If it wasn't for the fact that this is (obviously) an LCD I'd characterize it as a too slow refresh rate.

2. I was re-arranging my widgets when everything suddenly just disappeared. I could move back and forth between panes, but there was simply nothing there. A reboot solved that issue.

3. I set the tablet down to get something from the kitchen and came back to see it rebooting itself. No apparent reason, nothing going on.

So, my findings thus far.
    Issues #2 & 3 sound exactly like some of the problems that we TF101 owners have been struggling with since installation of ICS late in February.

We've have had two updates from ASUS to fix the problems since then, which were unsuccessful, and we're expecting a third to be released next week.

I really hope you won't be experiencing our ICS issues all over again on your sliders, but I would advise any slider user to try to hold off on the ICS install for at least a week, and monitor the forums closely to see how others are reporting.

I know that's really hard to do, given the allure of a shiny, new OS, and ICS is very nice, but the kinds of instability that we are having on the TF101 has been a misery for many of us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Thanks, that actually makes me feel a little better. If the tf101 is also experiencing these issues, then its more likely to get fixed due to the higher volume of users.

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bbroecker View Post
    Thanks, that actually makes me feel a little better. If the tf101 is also experiencing these issues, then its more likely to get fixed due to the higher volume of users.

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Android Central Forums
    That Is a very good point. Not owning a slider, I hadn't thought about the volume aspect, and the potential for problems to get a lower priority, but that is certainly possible.

On the TF side, I'm prepared to try the next update, and if the problems aren't reduced, I will flash back to HC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: ICS minor stability issues on Slider

Hate ics on my asus slider, how do
    i flash back? :-)thanks