Order page is UP!! Who bought one? (DOCKS too!!)

SirBC

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
If you preorder at Best Buy by going into the store, will they tell you if they will have stock to honor it or will they just take everyone's order and then tell you later that they don't have enough stock?

holycrap8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Just letting everyone know this appears to only affect the 32gb version. We ordered one of each and 32gb was cancelled but the 64gb one still shows in the order history. Hope that means its still ok. Ordered early on the 22nd.

kgirl91

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
After Amazon failed, I ordered from JR.com for 476.78 shipped using their loyalty program's free shipping and coupon code JRGOOG after my 2.5% rebate from ebates! I also have an order on Adorama for $508 (supposed to ship on the 15th but I'll cancel it if I get info from J&R first). Can't wait!

I'm mad at Amazon though- I wanted to buy from them because I have a couple hundred dollars in gift cards there.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
After Amazon failed, I ordered from [URL="[/URL] for 476.78 shipped using their loyalty program's free shipping and coupon code JRGOOG after my 2.5% rebate from [URL="[/URL]! I also have an order on [URL="[/URL] for $508 (supposed to ship on the 15th but I'll cancel it if I get info from J&R first). Can't wait!

I'm mad at Amazon though- I wanted to buy from them because I have a couple hundred dollars in gift cards there.

Hm. I've never heard of JR.com. Are they reliable/ safe to order from?

FHSPSU67

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my original Transformer from J&R and everything worked perfectly - even got an earlier than expected delivery.
Last evening I pre-ordered the 64GB Champagne-Gold & dock from j&R.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that's a great deal. I've ordered my through BB, which I like the idea of being able to return it in store, but BB has to charge taxes. That puts them about $40 higher...

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I should look into this. I just wish I could look at a real champagne gold color first. I saw the amethyst that Johnny Shih was holding and Phil's review, looks very nice. Also worried about the wifi bug that Anandtech and someone else got.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my original Transformer from J&R and everything worked perfectly - even got an earlier than expected delivery.
Last evening I pre-ordered the 64GB Champagne-Gold & dock from j&R.

Hm, maybe I'll preorder from JR.com, then, too... This is completely unrelated, but does anyone know how BillMeLater works? I mean, technically, I can pay the $489.99 right now if I have to, but the whole "No payments for six months on orders over $400" sounds pretty nice, especially since I just made another big purchase the other day, so it'd be nice to have some time to recoup my money before I pay for the Prime. If I did BillMeLater, could I just pay the $489.99 in six months from now, and be done with it, or is that not how it works?

y2bandit

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hm. I've never heard of JR.com. Are they reliable/ safe to order from?
J&R is a well known company that sells nothing but electronics. Kind of like a PC Richards, Brandsmart, etc. They are located in NYC. Their flagship store is located not too far from World Trade Center. Some of their stuff is a bit overpriced but sometimes they have good deals.
Hm, maybe I'll preorder from JR.com, then, too... This is completely unrelated, but does anyone know how BillMeLater works? I mean, technically, I can pay the $489.99 right now if I have to, but the whole "No payments for six months on orders over $400" sounds pretty nice, especially since I just made another big purchase the other day, so it'd be nice to have some time to recoup my money before I pay for the Prime. If I did BillMeLater, could I just pay the $489.99 in six months from now, and be done with it, or is that not how it works?
BillMeLater is another payment option. Similar to eBillMe. The concept is the same as a stores "No Interest for X Months". Its pretty much like a "credit card". You use BillMeLater to pay for the item and you have X months to pay it off. You can pay it off little by little or in a lump sum.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Ah, okay. So, is there interest, with BillMeLater, then? I'm just trying to figure out if it would be a good option for me. I've never bothered messing around with credit cards (just have a debit card), so I don't know how a lot of that stuff works. The way it sounds, I don't have to make any payments on it for six months, but then when six months rolls around, do I just owe the original amount of the transaction, or do I owe more?

fraeone

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I preordered mine from J&R as well, but given that Asus doesn't list them as being one of the primary preordering destinations I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Saved $50 or so by not going through Best Buy but it sure seems like BB is going to get a good allocation of units before J&R would. Not trying to slag J&R, they're fine, but they don't carry the weight of an Amazon or Best Buy.

Has anybody tried calling them to see if they think they're actually going to get stock this year?

TheKricket

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

Just joined up with the forums - the Transformer Prime will be my first Android device (and I'm super excited).

I was just wondering about those of you who still have a pending order with Amazon. I managed to get in on the 64GB pre-order at $584. Since it wasn't the most "popular" model, my order seems to have survived the cancellation gauntlet. My estimated delivery date is set at January 6th - just wondering if anyone else showed anything different as of yet...

As far as the comment directly above mine - I'd agree. I have ordered a few things from J&R throughout the years without issue - however, the ONE time I "pre-ordered" something, their customer service crashed and burned. Turns out, they put up a pre-order page for a product that they never ended up getting - ever (it was a SE bluetooth watch, cheesy, I know - this was a few years ago). That transaction left a sour taste in my mouth - the watch had received high praise, J&R put it up on their site, and let the pre-orders come in. The release day came and went - and about 3 weeks later, I finally received my cancellation email...

Again, J&R is pretty well-known - but I've read more than one negative review about situations exactly like mine - so buyer beware, I suppose...

fraeone

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just read a post on XDA from somebody that spoke w/ J&R and it sounds like they're already selling pre-orders for January. Where the cutoff line from 12/19 to "sometime in January" is anybodies guess..

I would just walk into the local Gamestop and preorder one, but I'm pretty concerned about their near-nonexistent return policy if I have any problems or don't like it.

holycrap8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat with a 64 from Amazon. I talked with Rep last week who said essentially that January was a placeholder date and it would update when they come in. He would not specify when that would be, only that it could be earlier.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Should I read anything into the fact that BB has taken the champagne version off their search? That is how it started with Amazon...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995