Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Upgrade from 3.2 --> 4.0

When you go up a whole version of Android, do you loose everything and start all over again with apps, files and settings?

Default Re: Upgrade from 3.2 --> 4.0

When I upgraded my phone from 2.1 to 2.2, I lost everything. When my dad upgraded his phone from 2.2 to 2.3, everything was saved.

Quote Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
    When you go up a whole version of Android, do you loose everything and start all over again with apps, files and settings?
    Well, my guess is that with ASUS including an App Backup application on the device, you should expect to use that to back up all of your app data before doing the upgrade, and that should keep most of your configurations and saved games and all of that crap intact for after the move no matter what happens.

All of your media files and such should be moved over to external storage if you are really worried it will be lost.

I never lost anything during my upgrades on my Droid x but I didn't think that app data could be backed up without root. Is it possible to bypass that without root even with a built-in app?

In theory, you shouldn't lose anything. But it's always good to keep backups.