Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    standard

Default I know this is shady

I basically had two samsung galaxy tab 10.1 tabs. I bought one recently and had after the holiday season to take it back... I Put my old galaxy in the box and kept the new one. I wouldn't of done it but the people that work at this best buy are jerks.Is their anyway they could take my best buy credit back because i want use it for the transformer prime

Default Re: I know this is shady

Better hope they dont check the serial number on the device with the serial number on the box.

If you went through the process already and were lucky enough to walk out of the store with the return completed, then you're "in the clear" The employees are asked to and have to check serial numbers. Once the credit is issued, there is no way they can reverse that since once the merchandise is accepted and the return completed, the product could have been tampered with by an employee after they take possession of it.

i did that before with my xbox.
    got the red circle of death, went to bestbuy, bought an xbox with the warnatee.. went home used the new one, waited 2 months, returned the old one on warantee and sold it on ebay to make my money back.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    standard

Yea they didn't check the serial number they just took it back... Thank so much I don't like to do shady things like this i feel bad about it...

I would never do that, that's wrong and saying that Best Buy is a jerk doesn't justify it.
    However, sounds like you lucked out- if they didn't check the serial number and you got your credit, the transaction's over and you're clear.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    standard

best buy a chain a poorly ran chain one 500 dollar item wont matter to them... The manager didnt even check the serial number last time and was completely rude about everything why i did what i did i am not going try justify it I just consider it a act of beating the system
    Banned

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Im calling detective stabler !

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    standard

hhaha ill call johnny cochran to defend me

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Don't care how you justify it, you're a ******.
    Rew001's Smartphone History: Tmo Dash --> BB Curve --> BB Storm(1) --> iPhone 3GS -->Droid Incredible --> Droid X -->Galaxy Nexus --> iPhone 5 --> HTC DNA --> Galaxy S4!!

it is people like you that cause those who are honest to be questioned and judged when they have an issue. Bad KARMA will follow you. You are dishonest and that isn't something I would be bragging about!
    You definitely are a ****** bag
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    standard

This isnt a moral board it a technology board. It was **** of me but at the same time it a company that bumps milions of millions of dollars into it. I am struggling 23 year old with a kid who just got laid off I am sure they are doing alot better off than I am doing
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    standard

A ****** bag for doing something that was dis honest.... I was dishonest first to say so... I dont care how you judge me I am 23 a single father raising and my child and doing what I need to do to provide for him.. So before you call me a ****** check your role

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matthewjoseph255 View Post
    A ****** bag for doing something that was dis honest.... I was dishonest first to say so... I dont care how you judge me I am 23 a single father raising and my child and doing what I need to do to provide for him.. So before you call me a ****** check your role
    The reason you are a ****** bag is because you chose to do something dishonest while clearly realizing it was dishonest beforehand.

Being a 23 year old single father has nothing to do with it. Why would you bring it up? Do you think having kids at an early age makes up for you being a ******?
    Rew001's Smartphone History: Tmo Dash --> BB Curve --> BB Storm(1) --> iPhone 3GS -->Droid Incredible --> Droid X -->Galaxy Nexus --> iPhone 5 --> HTC DNA --> Galaxy S4!!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    standard

To call someone a ****** bag because he does one dishonest move is a little much. So does that make every president and politician a ****** bag because there dishonest.... What about big corporate executives that are dishonest to their customers and their staff that works under them.. That the point I am just trying bring up.. I am done with the argument over it this is a technology board not a moral board
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    it is people like you that cause those who are honest to be questioned and judged when they have an issue. Bad KARMA will follow you. You are dishonest and that isn't something I would be bragging about!
    You definitely are a ****** bag
    Jude. You annoy me so much.

Sent from my Liquid Smooth T-Bolt

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

To call someone a ****** bag because he does one dishonest move is a little much. So does that make every president and politician a ****** bag because there dishonest.... What about big corporate executives that are dishonest to their customers and their staff that works under them.. That the point I am just trying bring up.. I am done with the argument over it this is a technology board not a moral board
    Whatever makes you feel better about yourself kid. You did something dishonest and came to a "not a moral board" to find justification for what you did. Others may give it to you but I won't. You and I know you were wrong.

It was a **** move and you're still a ******.

i bet lots of people who count themselves as "honest" dl-ed pirated stuff from the net at least once or still do it on a daily basis and its illegal too.
    @ matthewjoseph255 given the choice I'd prolly do the same thing. but I wouldnt open up a thread about it. plus being a single father didnt prevent you from having two tablets so this info is a bit irrelevant here. just sayin... )
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM
    standard

I get what you are saying yes... But being laid off close to christmas isnt exactly the easiest thing if my son needed something id provide it for him in what ever way...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevalkin View Post
    i bet lots of people who count themselves as "honest" dl-ed pirated stuff from the net at least once or still do it on a daily basis and its illegal too.
    @ matthewjoseph255 given the choice I'd prolly do the same thing. but I wouldnt open up a thread about it. plus being a single father didnt prevent you from having two tablets so this info is a bit irrelevant here. just sayin... )
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

ROM
    standard

I dont want any justification.. I made this post because I do feel guilty and wanted make sure i didnt do something to screw myself over with law

Quote Originally Posted by rew001 View Post
    Whatever makes you feel better about yourself kid. You did something dishonest and came to a "not a moral board" to find justification for what you did. Others may give it to you but I won't. You and I know you were wrong.

It was a **** move and you're still a ******.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS/Cyanogenmod

A lot of people on here on there high horse that feel the fact of putting this guy down because he beat the system, all I can say is good for you and don't feel bad because the companies would think twice of screwing you over

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    matthewjoseph255 likes this.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

I dont want any justification.. I made this post because I do feel guilty and wanted make sure i didnt do something to screw myself over with law
    Feeling guilty because you did something wrong, and worrying about whether or not you'll get caught are two different things. I hope as you raise your kid you can teach him/her the difference between the two.
    Jonneh likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM
    standard

I am a damn good father please keep my parenting skills out of this

Quote Originally Posted by rew001 View Post
    Feeling guilty because you did something wrong, and worrying about whether or not you'll get caught are two different things. I hope as you raise your kid you can teach him/her the difference between the two.

I love how the struggling out of work single father is on here talking about his 2 Galaxy tabs and how he wants to go ahead and buy a Prime.

And what you did is theft. I'm sure they won't prosecute, but it is. Just because they didn't catch you does not mean they have no recourse.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

ROM
    standard

see your opinon is your own. There is alot of people in my same shoes that are robbing,drug dealing, and etc... I am standing in a employment line every day to find a new job. I am giving that to my son for Xmas since he likes to play angry birds so get over your self righteous self.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast