Best Video Format?

Gwail

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Any one got a chance to play with video formats on the Prime? Wmv. doesn't seem to work for me. Anybody have a suggestion on what might work? Thanks in advance.

BoxArtGuy

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to receive my unit, but i would imagine mp4 works well. mp4 avi works well on my htc evo 4g phone. Also the stock VIDEO player didn't display most formats on my phone. I downloaded another popular video player from the market. However, when i wanted to stream for some reason the stock video player was always better at that... just depends i suppose. i can't remember the name of the media player i downloaded..errr . i'll check later.

illmatic13

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
H.264 with .mp4 extension seems to be the best format to work with the stock video player on my Transformer Prime. I use 1280x800 for the resolution. If you're on Windows, I recommend downloading DVD Catalyst 4 to convert different file types to .mp4. It's only $10 and has built in preset options for the Transformer Prime. Good luck, movies look soooo good on this bad boy :cool:

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Gwail

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys. I did some research and found arcMedia Tab. I downloaded it and it plays the video beautifully. Funny thing is I can play other wmv videos with the stock player. Perhaps it is just a glitch with the one video I have?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That's the main reason I want it to watch movies and my Tivo recorded shows that I transfer and convert from my computer. My Archos screen isn't good at all watching a movie.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
What file type does Amazon use for Instant video downloads (where you can buy the digital copy and either stream it online or download to PC for offline access). Has anyone tried transferring one of these movies to the Prime?

Mr_Armageddon

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend the mp4 container format, using h.264 encoding for the video and AAC for audio.

If you are just using these files on a mobile device, those settings are great. But if you ever want to enjoy DVD or Blu-ray rips on a decent home theater setup, you will want to stay away from AAC, as its simulated surround sound sucks compared to AC3 or DTS.

If you want your files to work in the tablet and a surround sound HTCP system, use H.264 as your video codec, AC3 or DTS 5.1 for audio, and a mkv container.

Most 3rd party video players on the market will handle these files just fine, and will downmix the 5.1 audio to stereo. The stock vid player that comes with my GSII also plays these files up to 720p resolution just fine.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
MX Video Player is a popular one rated by Prime users. It works way better than the stock one for me.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX