Sleeve for the prime

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't ask me, they go crazy over anything these days, with airplane security being so tight.
But after checking this page, under "laptop bag requirements", perhaps zippers such as yours are fine, since it doesn't technically obstruct the view of the gadget on top or underneath, just on the sides, it looks like from your picture. I wouldn't worry about it. The worst that could happen is they ask to see what's inside for a better look, and that probably won't even happen.

I was just trying to make myself feel better about my purchase ;-)

n8mack33

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got a new sleeve for my prime that I am really happy with.
It's the Case Logic PLS-9 Ultraportable Netbook Sleeve for 7-Inch to 10-Inch Netbooks (Black)
Amazon.com: Case Logic PLS-9 Ultraportable Netbook Sleeve for 7-Inch to 10-Inch Netbooks (Black): Electronics

I have to say, the tablet fits beautifully. It's a nice snug fit, with just a tiny bit of extra room in the thickness. I'd wager it will still fit great with the dock attached (but I don't yet own one to verify). Though it was originally designed for a thicker netbook...

Plus it has a handy little pocket for the charger, and a dedicated slot for a flash drive.
I am so glad I took the risk and bought this cheap, great case!

I go this one also and I have to say it isn't that snug though.

Dougie_fresh

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I go this one also and I have to say it isn't that snug though.
The "snugness" I referred to comes from the fact that the width fits so perfectly. Its got about three quarters of an inch at the top of extra space, but it barely moves at all. Perfect for me, who was looking for a nice case, a creative pocket, and a tiny bit of slack for a later upgrade with the dock.

Anybody have this case and can report on the fit with the dock attached? I am pretty confident it would fit, but it might help folks having trouble pulling the trigger.

mtbvert

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I got the case logic pls-9 case today and I am with dougie_fresh on this one. Short of a Prime specific sleeve, this is a great sleeve.

The extra space at the top seems like no problem, width wise its perfect. The front pocket fits the charger and USB cord nicely too.

I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just bought this one. Concerned about how it closes with just a flap, but, as long as it fits the keyboard as well, I'l be fine. No zipper either, so TSA compliant which is a great bonus if you fly even just a little bit. I'll post back my thoughts next week when it arrives.
***SPECK CASE/SLEEVE REVIEW***
Well my sleeve arrived tonight by UPS at 6:56pm, no joke. UPS loves late deliveries or something. They're the only delivery company I've ever had deliver my packages to me past 5pm on a regular business day lol.
Anyway, regardless...I like it a lot! So, like I promised, here are my thoughts (and pictures):

The sleeve, remember, was not made for the Prime, or any tablet for that matter - it was made for the 11" Macbook Air laptop. Therefore, of course the tablet moves around inside the sleeve - if that would bother you, no, I wouldn't recommend you picking this up for the Prime. However, I wanted this for a reason; I wanted the sleeve to also fit when I connect the table to the keyboard, and therefore I think I've found a winner in that regard. Unfortunately, I am still waiting on my beloved keyboard dock from Amazon with a delivery estimate between Jan 30th and Feb 13th - quite a bit longer to wait. So, I can't test both out with my new sleeve just yet, but there's plenty of room inside for it, in my opinion. Hope I'm not being too optimistic.

But even without the dock, the sleeve is great for the tablet if, like I said, you don't mind that it can slide around inside it.It's almost as if the Prime is slightly wiped clean while sliding around anyway, lol. Inside the sleeve you'll find an incredible soft, though probably fake fur-like material. It feels great and looks great as well. Also, I was worried with only a flap to close, the prime would fall out - but it doesn't. I turned it upside down while the prime was inside, and shook it all around, and the tablet never fell out even once. As mentioned previously, the sleeve features no metal, magnets or zippers, just a flap that opens and closes for your Prime, making it completely TSA-compliant as per the TSA page in this quote from myself below:

Don't ask me, they go crazy over anything these days, with airplane security being so tight.
But after checking this page, under "laptop bag requirements", perhaps zippers such as yours are fine, since it doesn't technically obstruct the view of the gadget on top or underneath, just on the sides, it looks like from your picture. I wouldn't worry about it. The worst that could happen is they ask to see what's inside for a better look, and that probably won't even happen.

I was just trying to make myself feel better about my purchase ;-)

Here are some pictures attached - hopefully you can click them to make them larger.
edit: Unfortunately AC resized the pictures. If you need the large versions, let me know.

Attachments

• P1040599.jpg
    P1040599.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 83
  • P1040603.jpg
    P1040603.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 94
  • P1040604.jpg
    P1040604.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 80

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I know I mentioned it in another thread (http://forums.androidcentral.com/asus-transformer-prime/141378-any-suggestions-case-cover-prime.html), but I picked up a Waterfield Designs case from sfbags.com. They're high quality cases made in San Francisco. I had one for my iPad and loved it, so I figured why not stick with what I like!

I asked them which Ultimate SleeveCase would fit both the tablet and dock together (details in other thread), and love it so far. Haven't gotten the dock yet, so I'll report back on the fit of both. Seems like it should be great.

I got the leather trim (didn't care for indium based on photos, and liked the leather trim I got on my iPad case a lot), but no shoulder straps. Unlike my iPad case, which was vertical (my choice), this is horizontal (only choice, but would have gone for that anyway). It's great for keeping the tablet safe in its case while connected to my computer or whatever via USB. There's a bit of extra space between the edge of the tablet and the opening, and it's just the right amount to have the 30-pin connector plugged into the tablet and still be able to close the flap if I want (tried to show this in the last picture). The iPad case was a little more snug (designed specifically for the iPad, whereas this was a best-fit out of what was available scenario), but this should be a great size case for throwing the dock in as well. Even without the dock in there, I'm happy with the fit. The pocket on the back of the case is a great low-profile way to carry around the USB cable, headphones, microfiber cloth, etc. There might be some difficulty sticking the AC adapter in there as it's pretty bulky (I don't plan on doing this), but for typical daily needs like headphones, it's great and takes up very little space.

If you're willing to drop like $60 or a little more on a case, I'd highly recommend at least looking into the Ultimate SleeveCase from Waterfield Designs. They have some other sleeves that are a little bit less expensive, too.

For specific details on what size I got, check out the thread I linked above.

Dougie_fresh

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
OK so I wanted to provide an update for my case (Case Logic PLS-9) now that I got the keyboard dock. The fit is now absolutely PERFECT. The case is absolutely snug on all sides, as if it were specifically designed for the Transformer Prime. Absolutely no movement with the dock attached, and zipper moves smoothly. I can provide a picture if people are interested.

Seriously if you were on the fence about what case to get, go ahead and take the plunge. You won't be disappointed (especially for ~$10). Here's the link again: Amazon.com: Case Logic PLS-9 Ultraportable Netbook Sleeve for 7-Inch to 10-Inch Netbooks (Black): Electronics

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
not sure if this is what you guys are looking for,but this is a CASE LOGIC and it fits snug on my TP w/keyboard dock. I got it at frys electronics.

IMG_0292.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz