Sleeve for the prime

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Doing some research and the incase neoprene sleeve for the 11" macbook air will fit the prime very nicely.

The only dimension that is drastically different is the thickness (prime 0.33in and the case fits 0.68in) shouldn't be an issue and also leads me to believe that it may fit the prime with the keyboard attached as well.

I couldn't find a dimension of the tablet with the keyboard together so I cannot verify, but it's a nice case none the less.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Doing some research and the incase neoprene sleeve for the 11" macbook air will fit the prime very nicely.

The only dimension that is drastically different is the thickness (prime 0.33in and the case fits 0.68in) shouldn't be an issue and also leads me to believe that it may fit the prime with the keyboard attached as well.

I couldn't find a dimension of the tablet with the keyboard together so I cannot verify, but it's a nice case none the less.

Thanks for posting this. I have been trying to figure out a good sleeve that will fit both my prime and keyboard. I received my prime today but of course, it will be weeks before I get the keyboard. I was given a BB gift card so I went by there yesterday and they were completely wiped out of all tablets sleeves that would accommodate a 10 inch tablet.

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I went onto amazon, looking for the Incase Neoprene case, and was happy to see it was cheaper than what is on incases website. However, I saw another sleeve, the Cosmos Neoprene. It looks nice, bit I think it said it was made with or of cotton. It's a lot cheaper than the incase, but do you think it would work just as well? It has kind of good reviews. I should look more into it, but I haven't had much time. I was just wondering if any of you knew about it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Purchased the slim version from the local apple store. The case it's very roomy, wondering if. It's too big, going to use it a day or two and see.

Pros:
Great faux fur lining
Can fit Accessories in the case
Protective
High quality
Will fit keyboard as well

Cons:
Lots of extra room, slides around in case

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Purchased the slim version from the local apple store. The case it's very roomy, wondering if. It's too big, going to use it a day or two and see.

Pros:
Great faux fur lining
Can fit Accessories in the case
Protective
High quality
Will fit keyboard as well

Cons:
Lots of extra room, slides around in case

Please come back and let us know your thoughts when you get a chance! :)

Scumbag Inc.

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I too am waiting patiently for an update Randomhero180. It is in my wish list on Amazon just waiting for you to give me the word to click purchase. (BTW what I am really interested in is will it fit with the dock.)

Reactions: bada16

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Here is a picture. remember this is the slim version of the case and it is still a bit roomy.

I slid the prime to the far left side of the case and all the way to the bottom. This left about 1.5 inches on the right and 0.5 inches on the top. I do not have the dock yet so I can not confirm for sure that it will fit, but there is plenty of room in this case so I would have to guess that it would.

Again the only downfall to this case is the fact that the extra room allows it to slide around in the case easy. But the faux fur lining is not going to scratch the prime at all so if it doesn't bother you it should be all good.

I am 95% sure I will be keeping this case.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
No the one I picked up is for the 11" MacBook Air

11" Neoprene Slim Sleeve For 11" MacBook Air by Incase

The reason I got this one is so the keyboard dock will fit in as well. I haven't looked at the measurements for the ipad case. I assume it would fit the tablet by itself, but not with the keyboard attached.

Couldn't find this case on Bestbuy.com I had to go into my local Apple Store to pick it up. If you don't have an Apple store near you, you may have to just get it from goincase.com or amazon.com.

PS if you go into Apple ask them if your company gets a discount. I work at Starbucks and I get 5% off

Scumbag Inc.

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Dimensions:

Asus Transformer Prime:
263 x 180.8 x 8.3 mm
Pad with dock:
Dimensions: 263 x 180.8 x 17~19.4mm

iPad:
Height: 9.56 in (243 mm)
Width: 7.47 in (190 mm)
Depth: .5 in (13 mm)

iPad2:
Height: 9.50 inches (241.2 mm)
Width: 7.31 inches (185.7 mm)
Depth: 0.34 inch (8.8 mm)

11" MacBook Air:
Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (3-17 mm)
Width: 11.8 inches (300 mm)
Depth: 7.56 inches (192 mm)

Happy hunting. :)

Last edited:

Dougie_fresh

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got a new sleeve for my prime that I am really happy with.
It's the Case Logic PLS-9 Ultraportable Netbook Sleeve for 7-Inch to 10-Inch Netbooks (Black)
Amazon.com: Case Logic PLS-9 Ultraportable Netbook Sleeve for 7-Inch to 10-Inch Netbooks (Black): Electronics

I have to say, the tablet fits beautifully. It's a nice snug fit, with just a tiny bit of extra room in the thickness. I'd wager it will still fit great with the dock attached (but I don't yet own one to verify). Though it was originally designed for a thicker netbook...

Plus it has a handy little pocket for the charger, and a dedicated slot for a flash drive.
I am so glad I took the risk and bought this cheap, great case!

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just bought this one. Concerned about how it closes with just a flap, but, as long as it fits the keyboard as well, I'l be fine. No zipper either, so TSA compliant which is a great bonus if you fly even just a little bit. I'll post back my thoughts next week when it arrives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci