getting rid of picasa album

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Synced my google account and now my picasa picturs from blogs and such are all in my gallary. I know how to unsync picasa but it doesn't get rid of the pictures that are already synced.

any ideas?

Thanks!

TheKricket

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Awesome - I'm finally getting this thing up and running and did the exact same thing. I plan on storing whatever pictures I want locally - so this was a pretty big drag.

I remember reading this thread when you first posted it - glad I remembered!

Thanks for the info.

clf60

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I also have pictures from Picasa that I can't get rid of. I did the "clear data" from settings, and even did a "forced stop" from the settings. The pictures seem to be gone from my gallery, but a few minutes later, they're back!

I'm afraid that if I uncheck sync, the phone won't sync with my hotmail account (and I still want that).

Anyone with other ideas???

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
You don't uncheck everything, only the Picasa album.

Do this on your home screen.

Menu>accounts and sync>click your Gmail account>scroll down and uncheck Picasa

This will not affect anything other then your Picasa album syncing.

After this you need to go clear data and you should be fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Cory Parrish

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have accounts and sync on my note 2 either. I found out where to unsync different Google accounts such as Picasa though.

Goto Settings -> Google (Under Accounts) -> click on your Google account at the very top (for me, I click on my email address at the top).

From here you can unsync many different Google items.

To remove the Picasa albums from your gallery,

Goto Settings -> Application Manager -> All Applications (by sliding at the top) -> Gallery -> Clear data.

After you click on clear data, a warning may pop up saying that this action will permanently delete these items. This is NOT referring to the pictures you took on your phone. This will only delete items that are synced. If you ever want these photos back, you can just resync by following the same process as above. Good luck.

Last edited:
May 9, 2013
Visit site
I tried following this instruction on the Galaxy S4 and it doesn't work. I mean, there is no option to specifically unsync picasa.

rhpr7r.png

TwoGoldDogs

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Trying to remove Picassa albums from my Galaxy 3. I followed the usual instructions.... unsynced 'sync picassa', etc etc. Picassa albums disappeared... BUT, the next day they were back!! I can't go through the process again because all the info I was supposed to uncheck, etc. is already unchecked. Am I stuck with these albums forever????

Ashi Desh

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happen with me.. solution.. remove the google account.. it will prompt will remove everything contact/pic/etc.. just OK, then add again your google account. immediate untick to sync picasa.. on your gallery, it will prompt to login picasa, choose NO. ;)..

Work just fine with me..