screen not glued on properly???

scottopotto88

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Been using my prime for about a week now and in the blacked out area on the left side of the tablet where the micro HDMI port and the volume rocker are, it seems like the screen wasn't glued on properly. I can press on the screen and feel the screen compressing and actually clicking. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this? I Bought it at Gamestop. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they say about it. Hopefully they'll take it back and exchange it for a new one.

I'll be pissed if i have to send this into Asus. Traded in the Ipad 2 for this and so far I'm not too impressed with the browser speed and the swiping responsiveness.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Been using my prime for about a week now and in the blacked out area on the left side of the tablet where the micro HDMI port and the volume rocker are, it seems like the screen wasn't glued on properly. I can press on the screen and feel the screen compressing and actually clicking. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this? I Bought it at Gamestop. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they say about it. Hopefully they'll take it back and exchange it for a new one.

I'll be pissed if i have to send this into Asus. Traded in the Ipad 2 for this and so far I'm not too impressed with the browser speed and the swiping responsiveness.

Please post what you find out. Mine also clicks when i press near the volume rocker. I have a little bit of light bleed too :-/

Neither is that bad now, but im afrid it could get worse

Reactions: scottopotto88

BoxArtGuy

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Please post what you find out. Mine also clicks when i press near the volume rocker. I have a little bit of light bleed too :-/

Neither is that bad now, but im afrid it could get worse

That's unfortunate to hear. I just received a shipping label on mine today, around 12 noon, i placed my order on saturday, the 24th. So i'm hoping i don't have the same issue... : (

Reactions: matthewjoseph255

xbltheshadow

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I also have this problem. Mine is on the right side (in landscape mode) where the speaker is located. I'm not looking forward to calling ASUS about this...

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Good luck to all you guys. Just wanted to point out though, most devices have some hardware issues in the initial run. Don't think I've ever seen one that doesn't.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but unfortunately, ASUS is notorious for them.
If I receive a faulty unit as well, I'll be returning it and keeping my money. It's not like when you buy a phone and get a lemon - chances are relatively good that you can get another one and it will work properly. Not so true with ASUS and their tablets, it seems.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but unfortunately, ASUS is notorious for them.
If I receive a faulty unit as well, I'll be returning it and keeping my money. It's not like when you buy a phone and get a lemon - chances are relatively good that you can get another one and it will work properly. Not so true with ASUS and their tablets, it seems.

I don't know. Both of my Transformers are perfect, and one was an early build. Every phone has issues with the early runs. HTC is notorious for it.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. Both of my Transformers are perfect, and one was an early build. Every phone has issues with the early runs. HTC is notorious for it.

Glad to hear it! This is the first I've heard of someone having a perfect original Transformer, especially the early builds, lol the forums were filled with headaches. Ironically, some of the same issues as the original Transformer are here again, too. So I was beginning to lose hope for a nice experience. I guess it's still up in the air, though, 50/50. Thanks for the encouragement :)

kgirl91

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Haven't gotten mine yet but I'm a little nervous with all the complaint posts. I'm hoping that most people who are happy are too busy playing to go on the forums and report, though! For what it's worth, my bf has the original and never had a single complaint, so I wouldn't write off ASUS if you have a problem. They kind of messed up the launch(es) but everyone talks about how well they supported the TF101.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear it! This is the first I've heard of someone having a perfect original Transformer, especially the early builds, lol the forums were filled with headaches. Ironically, some of the same issues as the original Transformer are here again, too. So I was beginning to lose hope for a nice experience. I guess it's still up in the air, though, 50/50. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Its just what happens during initial runs with all electronics. Look at the Xbox360, or just about any Android phone. Go over to the Galaxy Nexus forums right now. In a no the or two you won't hear anything about these problems. Its just how electronics go

chi.d.ly

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Its just what happens during initial runs with all electronics. Look at the Xbox360, or just about any Android phone. Go over to the Galaxy Nexus forums right now. In a no the or two you won't hear anything about these problems. Its just how electronics go

I must agree with u on this one. Ppl should remember that forums r mostly used for sharing problems and solutions, therefore ofc u will find 90% of the threads contain problems/complains and maybe only 10% of threads where ppl actually telling about their good stories of their products.

BoxArtGuy

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I must agree with u on this one. Ppl should remember that forums r mostly used for sharing problems and solutions, therefore ofc u will find 90% of the threads contain problems/complains and maybe only 10% of threads where ppl actually telling about their good stories of their products.

I think we should put your theory to a test via comparing it to the galaxy tab forum, then the obvious conclusion should be based off of what you're saying that both forums should have a lot of complaints, our an a similar amount, this is basically what your suggesting, correct?

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Many forums have these complaints when a product first comes out. Anyone who has been on them for a while knows this as fact.

lazzerus

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday with no screen issues if that is good news =o) I ordered on 12/25.

The one thing I don't like however, is how sharp the edges feel. Makes me want to run a metal file down the sides...compared to the Samsung, it feels like I am holding a broken piece of glass.. ok well, not THAT bad...

That said, I much rather hold a " cutting edge " plate of mind blowing speed, and in case of emergency, I can slice bread with it ;)

Last edited:

chi.d.ly

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, thats correct. My point is if u want to be the first to get the newest technology u have to be prepared/expect to meet some problems with the software and hardware in different level.

What u should consider when buying new product is how u can return the product. For some place is a pain in the ass to return it or even get help from them if u want to fix a minor thing.

Thats what i have to say. Take it or leave it :)

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Do most of these problems turn into something worse? A little light bleed on one part of one edge of the screen that i can only really see during boot-up isn't going to ruin the experience for me. The slight clicking sound when I push the bezel near the volume rocker doesn't really change anything, experience-wise. Is there a history of light bleed getting worse? Why do people consider it such a deal-breaker?

Also, what should I do if I want to stick with the Prime? Wait until Asus is on a later batch and call their warranty people? Go back to GameStop now and see how long until a replacement would come? It seems like if I were to return it now in order to get a replacement, I'd be without one for who knows how long.

scottopotto88

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Also, what should I do if I want to stick with the Prime? Wait until Asus is on a later batch and call their warranty people? Go back to GameStop now and see how long until a replacement would come? It seems like if I were to return it now in order to get a replacement, I'd be without one for who knows how long.

This is my problem as well. Its not that is a terrible flaw in the tablet. But Gamestop doesn't have them in stock where I can go exchange it for a new one today. They keep telling me January 12th. That's the day they are going to start arriving in bulk for people who preordered. So I'm probably looking at another week or two after that when I can walk in and expect them to have one. By then I'm pretty sure I won't be eligible for an exchange at gamestop.

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Haven't gotten mine yet but I'm a little nervous with all the complaint posts. I'm hoping that most people who are happy are too busy playing to go on the forums and report, though! For what it's worth, my bf has the original and never had a single complaint, so I wouldn't write off ASUS if you have a problem. They kind of messed up the launch(es) but everyone talks about how well they supported the TF101.

Both my original Transformers were great. Got them at release too. But the software support has been really great, just like you say. They actually just released another firmware update for it just a few days ago. That's awesome considering they just released the next gen version.

Last edited:

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm now sort of glad that I got stuck waiting for the second round, because I've not had any flaws. No light bleed, perfect screen, decent WiFi on par with my OG iPad, and it is just solidly built. Not a fan of the charging connector port design, but I just use extra caution when charging. I'm totally loving mine, and can't hardly put it down.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37