Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Availability of 64GB Prime?

Does anyone have any updated information on when the 64GB model will be available for Shipping?
    I really want to wait for the extra memory, but i am a little frustrated as to why they did not come out with their most expensive model first. I have one on order from PC connection but they have no information as to when they will be able to get them and ship out.

Also, Has anyone tried the SD Card adapter for uploading pictures to the tablet?

thanks for any info you can provide !

Default Re: Availability of 64GB Prime?

Update:
    I did get my 64GB gray transformer prime from TigerDirect yesterday. Some have asked when I pre ordered and I did mine on 11/22 around 7pm.

I got an email this morning from TigerDirect that my 64GB gray transformer prime had shipped. When I looked up the tracking information it has an expected delivery date of today and was already out for delivery this morning. So it seems that some 64GB models are shipping this week.

I'll post an update once I get it.
    Last edited by joek159; 12-29-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Along those same lines, I pre-ordered at 64GB Grey Prime from J&R directly (not through Amazon) in Late November and I haven't heard anything from them. Any time I call the customer service, all they tell me is "After the Holidays". Did anyone else pre-order from J&R?

UPDATE 12/30: J&R shipped my 64GB Prime on Wednesday and I got it yesterday. If anyone preordered from them it might be worth calling and checking. Suffice to say, it made my week!
    Last edited by jbona3; 12-30-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Today's chat with Amazon customer service regarding my 64GB (Amethyst) order:

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer from Amazon.com
    Thanks for waiting. I have checked on the item and see that we'll be getting in from the manufacturer in the coming days. You'll have the item delivered by January 6.
    I really hope the delay on these was because they wanted to fix something - or ship with ICS installed...

Quote Originally Posted by TheKricket View Post
    Today's chat with Amazon customer service regarding my 64GB (Amethyst) order:

I really hope the delay on these was because they wanted to fix something - or ship with ICS installed...
    Did your amazon say an ETA before you contacted them different from what they told you? Mine says end of Jan, but I hope it's only temporary and I will get mine shipped soon, because I preordered on Nov 22....
    I'm also hoping the delay means they would have taken more time putting these together right and have less issues than the 32 has had.

^ My delivery date has been set at January 6th since 11/23. I was just hoping they might ship out a little earlier...

I think I'll chat with them and see why mine is so much later when I preordered at like 8am on the 22 of nov.

I chatted with Amazon today and they told me the 64gb grey has not left the distributor yet. I ordered 8pm on 11/22 and have a Jan 26 - Feb 16 delivery date range.
    Last edited by msalvini; 12-28-2011 at 10:32 AM.

I pre-ordered the 64GB from CDW, and according to them and UPS, it's out for delivery today, so here's to hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by joek159 View Post
    I got an email this morning from TigerDirect that my 64GB gray transformer prime had shipped. When I looked up the tracking information it has an expected delivery date of today and was already out for delivery this morning. So it seems that some 64GB models are shipping this week.

I'll post an update once I get it.
    When did you place your order? I ordered the same model from them (on November 23rd) and the only thing they've told me is that they expect delivery at their warehouse January 15th. If that has been pushed up to sooner (as in, they have some now!) That would be amazing. Here's hoping...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Anyone who responded above that they received notification of shipment actually have their 64 Prime in their hands? Kindly update.

I have an arrival date of Jan. 3rd now. If others haven't posted anything and I get it I'll post then but it was finally updated.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thumbs down Re: Availability of 64GB Prime?

I ordered 64G unit from PCConnection express on 12/8. As of today still on back order and no exprectation of product until well into February.

I telephoned ASUS todasy and explained the situation and was told that a limited number of 64gb units had reached the US but that there was no addtiional shipment forthcoming and that it would be at least a month before more 64GB would be available for shipment. They could not even say that there would be units available in February.

I told him that I would now have to decide between an I-pad and a Samsung Galaxy tablet. He did not sem to care in the least!

I am personally tired of companies announcing products that they really do not have available for sale just to keep people from buying a competitor's product!

Got my keyboard today and the 64GB Prime due Tuesday now - Gray model

Thanks guys for responding.

-- naldiian... do let us know your impressions with the 64GB unit thus far with regards to any of the issues reported on the 32GB versions.

PPbass - I feel your pain and your post was funny about them not seeming to care - I don't get these ASUS folk.

I just received my Gray dock but I am still waiting on my 64GB prime. For now the dock will be used as a friggin coaster.
    Last edited by taipan714; 12-31-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Mine has shipped, but says delivery is for the 3rd despite 1day shipping. I guess they don't deliver tomorrow.
    Last edited by hyrulejedi86; 12-31-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Office Depot has the 32 gig for delivery in 3 days...or at least they did earlier today. But I guess I'll wait for my 64 gig and the wife's 32 gig from Amazon. Who knows when they will ship!

JR.com
    I made pre-order of 64+dock on 5th December (payed via Google Checkout) and the JR staff still sending excuses like the manufacturer is not giving em anything, even the date is unknown.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by PPbass View Post
    I ordered 64G unit from PCConnection express on 12/8. As of today still on back order and no exprectation of product until well into February.

I telephoned ASUS todasy and explained the situation and was told that a limited number of 64gb units had reached the US but that there was no addtiional shipment forthcoming and that it would be at least a month before more 64GB would be available for shipment. They could not even say that there would be units available in February.

I told him that I would now have to decide between an I-pad and a Samsung Galaxy tablet. He did not sem to care in the least!

I am personally tired of companies announcing products that they really do not have available for sale just to keep people from buying a competitor's product!
    I'm guessing ASUS did not expect these to sell this well, and so had a limited manufacturing run to minimize P&L impact if they didn't sell. Especially the 64gb model. He didn't care because there's nothing he can do, and the loss of 1 person not willing to wait for more product to hit the shelves doesn't really matter to them in the grand scheme of things.

I'm sure they realize they're going to lose some sales, with the lack of inventory, but they can't sell what doesn't exist. Only thing they can do right now is crank out as many as they can and get them on the boat.

I am like Taipan - I have the dock but no word on the 64GB Prime that was ordered for me as a Christmas Present.

I received mine today! It's fantastic, no wifi problems, no lag, one update installed so far. I love it

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Paranoid Android 2.0

I just ordered mine from Amazon on Monday and i just talked with amazon and they said they had no date on when it will come in stock so i said you dont even have a time frame and then they gave me the exact date of Feb 8, 2012.

I really hope they come in sooner like in the next few weeks.

Atleast i got a date though.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

My 64GB has been on order from PC Connection express since 12/6. Called them today and was told that the earliest they expect any units is February 6th. I will reconsider the purchase as that date approaches, because I am now reading that in Mid february, the Ipad 3 will be released.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Cancelled my order for the 64GB model, in light of the announcement of the 702 that corrects the original issues at a higher price. I refuse to be gouged.