Need Advice - Questions & Perhaps Issues?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So I have had my Prime for a couple of days now. I have some things that I am not sure if it is normal or reason to be concerned.
1.) Start up time.
I installed Folder Organizer and started to set up my labels. During the process of setting up 3 different labels, it forced closed on me. Eventually I was able to get them created.
Shortly after that I had shut it down and then later turned it on. It took forever for it to come back up, I thought at first it had bricked. Since then the start up time seems to be slower than what I remember but honestly, I had only turned it on a couple of times so I am not sure. The past four times it has been 2:15.3:15.2:20 and 3:15 minutes.
The first two times were with Folder Organizer installed and the next two times were after I uninstalled it. Could someone time there start up time to see if mine is way off?

2.) The Asus Logo is flashing periodically during the Boot up process. Is that normal?
3.) I have read where people have where light is leaking around the screen. ( I can?t remember what it is called)
I have that in two small places in the bottom right corner. It is only noticeable when the screen is dark. At this point it doesn?t bother me but my question is can it get worse in time?
4.) Lastly, today when playing Riptide, the game wouldn?t move the dude when I turned the screen. I had to reboot it.
These are all small issues but I am just trying to measure if these are issues that is point to something bigger. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Dean

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The only one I can confirm for you is #2 - yes that is normal. It is happening on everyone's devices, and someone also linked to a video that was made showcasing it. Luckily, that type of graphical error can most probably be easily fixed by ASUS in a software patch.

Reactions: Floridadomer

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The only one I can confirm for you is #2 - yes that is normal. It is happening on everyone's devices, and someone also linked to a video that was made showcasing it. Luckily, that type of graphical error can most probably be easily fixed by ASUS in a software patch.

Thats good to know, Thank you!