PS3 controller

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try their PS3 controller yet? I am going to try later when i get home. Anyone have any luck getting it to work?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the Transformer Prime has a different USB design.

So it doesn't have the same host mode as the rest of the Honeycomb tablets? That's good to know, definitely waiting on the Nexus tablet before I upgrade from the OG Transformer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

methos5495

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Really, that sucks. I can't wait until I can root this puppy.

You can root the Prime whenever you want. According to this post:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/asus-transformer-prime/137543-how-root-asus-transformer-prime.html

robkurzd

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Once docks are available we can use the dock usb. There is a video on YouTube demonstrating it

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I plugged up my PS3 controller to my dock to play some Shadowgun THD. It played just like a console. I then thought I would just try to test the bluetooth. Yep, it detected and connected fine. When I launched Shadowgun, it detected a new controller attached and directed me to setup to configure it. It works with no rooting nor tweaking. I have ICS and .15 loaded. I just got the Prime yesterday. I will try my 360 controller next...after I eat.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it does work natively now. Sweetness!!

Score another one for the prime.

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Well this definitely excites me. How do we go about connecting the two? I am a bit confused. Do I set up BT searching on the TP and then hit the PS3 button in the middle of the controller? I tried that with no luck last night. Is there anything else needed?

I am running ICS with all newest updates, and I have a PS3. I tried googling the answer, but everything that came back was dated in December and useless. Would love help on this one.

I do NOT have the dock, though. I am just rocking the TP solo. Is the dock REQUIRED for this to work? That would be my only speedbump.

Thanks in advance.

K--

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie