Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default PS3 controller

    Anyone try their PS3 controller yet? I am going to try later when i get home. Anyone have any luck getting it to work?

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default

    My guess would be that it should work perfectly fine as it works on my Og Transformer.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    I think the Transformer Prime has a different USB design.
  4. #4  
    nojok3's Avatar

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts

    Default

    Need to be rooted as far as I know

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nycraze View Post
    I think the Transformer Prime has a different USB design.
    So it doesn't have the same host mode as the rest of the Honeycomb tablets? That's good to know, definitely waiting on the Nexus tablet before I upgrade from the OG Transformer.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Still waiting for my dock to see if it works through USB.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default

    Can't you hook up a PS3 Controller over Bluetooth?

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Not without root.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default

    Really, that sucks. I can't wait until I can root this puppy.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollywould View Post
    Really, that sucks. I can't wait until I can root this puppy.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    You can root the Prime whenever you want. According to this post:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/asus-transformer-prime/137543-how-root-asus-transformer-prime.html
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    Quote Originally Posted by methos5495 View Post
    You can root the Prime whenever you want. According to this post:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/asu...mer-prime.html
    That doesn't work on the newest firmware...
  12. #12  

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    No, Razorclaw doesn't work with the latest firmware versions Therefor I can't root the device yet.
  13. #13  
    nojok3's Avatar

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts

    Default

    Once docks are available we can use the dock usb. There is a video on YouTube demonstrating it

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  14. #14  
    enthuz's Avatar

    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    I plugged up my PS3 controller to my dock to play some Shadowgun THD. It played just like a console. I then thought I would just try to test the bluetooth. Yep, it detected and connected fine. When I launched Shadowgun, it detected a new controller attached and directed me to setup to configure it. It works with no rooting nor tweaking. I have ICS and .15 loaded. I just got the Prime yesterday. I will try my 360 controller next...after I eat.
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB
  15. #15  

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    Yup it works,,,I played Shadowgun with my ps3 controller,,just plug in the usb cord
  16. #16  
    enthuz's Avatar

    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    Quote Originally Posted by c00l0ne View Post
    Yup it works,,,I played Shadowgun with my ps3 controller,,just plug in the usb cord
    I meant wirelessly without root. I found some updated posts on XDA where the lastest firmwares allowed it to work natively now.
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default

    Yeah it does work natively now. Sweetness!!

    Score another one for the prime.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  18. #18  

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    Quote Originally Posted by allan1313 View Post
    Yeah it does work natively now. Sweetness!!

    Score another one for the prime.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    Wirelessly?
  19. #19  
    enthuz's Avatar

    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    Quote Originally Posted by bobby james View Post
    Wirelessly?
    Yes...wirelessly!!
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB
  20. #20  
    kaivorb's Avatar

    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    Well this definitely excites me. How do we go about connecting the two? I am a bit confused. Do I set up BT searching on the TP and then hit the PS3 button in the middle of the controller? I tried that with no luck last night. Is there anything else needed?

    I am running ICS with all newest updates, and I have a PS3. I tried googling the answer, but everything that came back was dated in December and useless. Would love help on this one.

    I do NOT have the dock, though. I am just rocking the TP solo. Is the dock REQUIRED for this to work? That would be my only speedbump.

    Thanks in advance.

    K--
  21. #21  
    enthuz's Avatar

    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    Just follow these steps:

    1. Attach the Prime to the Keyboard Dock.
    2. Plug the PS3 wireless controller up to the dock via the USB cable for the controller.
    3. Press the PS Home button.
    4. Unplug the controller.
    5. Make sure your BT is on and you should see the controller under your paired list.
    6. Configure the buttons to your liking like most console games.
    7. Try not to have too much fun!


    *Note: Make sure it is a Sony PS3 controller. I haven't seen where 3rd party ones where tested.
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaivorb View Post
    Well this definitely excites me. How do we go about connecting the two? I am a bit confused. Do I set up BT searching on the TP and then hit the PS3 button in the middle of the controller? I tried that with no luck last night. Is there anything else needed?

    I am running ICS with all newest updates, and I have a PS3. I tried googling the answer, but everything that came back was dated in December and useless. Would love help on this one.

    I do NOT have the dock, though. I am just rocking the TP solo. Is the dock REQUIRED for this to work? That would be my only speedbump.

    Thanks in advance.

    K--
    Afaik you need the dock just the first time so the prime can "find" it. But after that you are good.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  23. #23  

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    This no different than using the controler on a different PS3. I can assume that the dock is required. Thanks for the info.
  24. #24  
    Shotine's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    ROM
    cyanogenmod & stock

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    I have two ps3 ctlrs hooked up to my prime via bluetooth, granted it is rooted and i use the sixaxis ctlr app.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: PS3 controller

    bump,

    im planning on getting the 300 to tide me over until infinity, has anyone found a way to pair a controller without the dock, as i wont be getting it since it wont fit the infinity?

Posting Permissions