Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Returning the prime

Anyone else considering returning the prime?

Thumbs up Re: Returning the prime

Not a chance....Love it
    Tripsyk and kdphiuh like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Returning the prime

Me as well. But i just went out and tried the gps, and the entire time it said i was in Kentucky, but i am in NC. If i sit right next to my router and perform a speed test i can hit 10-12mbps on download. go in another room(small house) same floor and only get 3-4. Although it still seems fast to me. but this is my first tablet so i have nothing to compare it to. I am also getting a lot of force close on apps. Its starting to get old. Just don't want to get stuck before the 14 day return period is up.

Nope. I love it. Although I don't have some of the issues like others are experiencing.

No way. No problems here, but feel bad for those that do have 'em. I'd exchange rather than return.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Nope.
    Rew001's Smartphone History: Tmo Dash --> BB Curve --> BB Storm(1) --> iPhone 3GS -->Droid Incredible --> Droid X -->Galaxy Nexus --> iPhone 5 --> HTC DNA --> Galaxy S4!!

I'm not, just waiting on that damn keyboard dock to get its **** here. But don't feel bad about the return or exchange, whichever you're doing - many others are doing the same. Guess they haven't seen this thread yet.

Better than I imagined, But, I do feel bad for those with issues.
    I had a Thunderbolt that blew from Day 1.

My thunderbolt sucked as well until I rooted it and switched to a custom ROM. Now I love the thing.

My Prime shows up on Wednesday. I'm pretty excited!!

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonneh View Post
    I'm not, just waiting on that damn keyboard dock to get its **** here. But don't feel bad about the return or exchange, whichever you're doing - many others are doing the same. Guess they haven't seen this thread yet.
    Waiting for my keyboard too.
    Rew001's Smartphone History: Tmo Dash --> BB Curve --> BB Storm(1) --> iPhone 3GS -->Droid Incredible --> Droid X -->Galaxy Nexus --> iPhone 5 --> HTC DNA --> Galaxy S4!!

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Got mine friday and really have't had too many issues with it.It seemed laggy but the latest ota update seems to have fixed it.The build quality is outstaning,have't had any of the problems I've been reading about with that either. My GPS also looks like its working ok and my wifi is about on par with the wifes Tab 10.1 I was really concerned reading about all the problms some folks have been having with it before it got here,but its turning out be the best tablet I have(3 Samsungs,10.1,the 7 plus and a Galaxy Player that I refer as a mini-tab.also a HTC Veiw) Its definitely not geting returned.

Quote Originally Posted by donntiger View Post
    Got mine friday and really have't had too many issues with it.It seemed laggy but the latest ota update seems to have fixed it.The build quality is outstaning,have't had any of the problems I've been reading about with that either. My GPS also looks like its working ok and my wifi is about on par with the wifes Tab 10.1 I was really concerned reading about all the problms some folks have been having with it before it got here,but its turning out be the best tablet I have(3 Samsungs,10.1,the 7 plus and a Galaxy Player that I refer as a mini-tab.also a HTC Veiw) Its definitely not geting returned.
    Same here man. I haven't had any issues with my prime what so ever. It was a bit laggy at first but i figured it would all be cleared up with the ICS update so i was waiting it out but todays update is night and day. Much better now

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

No issues here. Just waiting for the keyboard dock!

I wish I could. I tried exchanging with BB and they told me they don't carry it anymore and can only do a refund. They want me to go to the manufacturer to resolve my issue. I'll never order from them again.
    ReefJones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfy View Post
    I wish I could. I tried exchanging with BB and they told me they don't carry it anymore and can only do a refund. They want me to go to the manufacturer to resolve my issue. I'll never order from them again.
    Don't carry it any more??

Go over to a tab that is connected to the internet, pull up bestbuy.com and search for Transformer Prime and you will get this:Transformer Prime - BestBuy

Typical of Best Buy from the comments here.

No way, no how. This thing is a dream. I have no issues with it.
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch - Gingerbread 2.3.4
    CPU/Kernel: 800mHz - LoSTKernel underclocked for 30 hours of battery life

nope and no way. love it and no real problems....my only dissatisfaction is sound poor

Quote Originally Posted by dmmattix View Post
    Don't carry it any more??

Go over to a tab that is connected to the internet, pull up bestbuy.com and search for Transformer Prime and you will get this:Transformer Prime - BestBuy

Typical of Best Buy from the comments here.
    Yeah that's what they are telling me. I know they have it. They just won't exchange it. They would rather just give me a refund.

Nope, keeping this baby. Only issue is GPS and I could care less about that. I honestly could not be happier. It has exceeded all my expectations and I know it will get even better when ics comes out.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Returned the two I bought to Best Buy this morning. Can't get past the weak wifi.
    ReefJones likes this.

well guys I'm returning my tablet tomorrow back to the store.
    I was testing this tablet for 3 days with many different usage scenarious and I came to the conclusion that this device is simply not ready even as a simple mobile internet companion. My main problem with this thing is horrible lagginess. The Prime fails in four major aspects: flash video playback is horribly laggy and difficult to control rewind/forward etc. Overall browser performance while surfing the net is laggy and very slow probably because of the malfunctioning WiFi module and/or poor browser optimisation. While surfing and switching between tabs the whole tablet lags horribly so lets say if i need to take a look at the email, and then switch back to the browser I have to wait a few seconds untill the transition happens and sometimes the browser will simply FC. And last but definitely not least is the keyboard lag... I cant type without missing half of the word's letters. and Yes I've tried a few keyboards. they all lag on this thing. I've reset the tab twice but its still lags defeating the purpose of using the mobile device to ease and speed up productivity. Idk if ICS will fix all these issues it probably will but I'm not gonna wait for it. and as I'm reading all other threads here as people having lots of issues like lines on the screen, burned in images and what not, hardware related problems etc. etc. I dont have those issues (well except for the loose piece rolling inside lol) but I'll wait a few more months before android tablets mature enough that I'll be able to actually use them just like I use my GSII (awesome device btw) untill then I'll go back to my trusted ipad 2. I cancelled my case from Amazon as well....
    Vivian_phan likes this.

ROM
    standard

you might of gotten a dud my galaxy tab runs so much better than my boring ipad did.. I will see for myself on monday how the prime works i am going keep with the prime regardless it is perfect for school

Quote Originally Posted by Trevalkin View Post
    well guys I'm returning my tablet tomorrow back to the store.
    I was testing this tablet for 3 days with many different usage scenarious and I came to the conclusion that this device is simply not ready even as a simple mobile internet companion. My main problem with this thing is horrible lagginess. The Prime fails in four major aspects: flash video playback is horribly laggy and difficult to control rewind/forward etc. Overall browser performance while surfing the net is laggy and very slow probably because of the malfunctioning WiFi module and/or poor browser optimisation. While surfing and switching between tabs the whole tablet lags horribly so lets say if i need to take a look at the email, and then switch back to the browser I have to wait a few seconds untill the transition happens and sometimes the browser will simply FC. And last but definitely not least is the keyboard lag... I cant type without missing half of the word's letters. and Yes I've tried a few keyboards. they all lag on this thing. I've reset the tab twice but its still lags defeating the purpose of using the mobile device to ease and speed up productivity. Idk if ICS will fix all these issues it probably will but I'm not gonna wait for it. and as I'm reading all other threads here as people having lots of issues like lines on the screen, burned in images and what not, hardware related problems etc. etc. I dont have those issues (well except for the loose piece rolling inside lol) but I'll wait a few more months before android tablets mature enough that I'll be able to actually use them just like I use my GSII (awesome device btw) untill then I'll go back to my trusted ipad 2. I cancelled my case from Amazon as well....
    My experience has been much different. I am in love with my Prime. Wouldn't give it up for anything. Think yours was a lemon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by matthewjoseph255 View Post
    you might of gotten a dud my galaxy tab runs so much better than my boring ipad did.. I will see for myself on monday how the prime works i am going keep with the prime regardless it is perfect for school
    I was actually looking at the galaxy tab on amazon today.. its about $160 cheaper than the prime... I'm gonna play with it at the bb store tomorrow and see how well it performs... I doubt though if I'll buy it but just to compare...

That's a shame, I was looking forward to having you around these parts of AC. ='( Mine doesn't lag as badly as you say yours does, though...for example, I installed Thumb Keyboard from the market, and there's absolutely ZERO lag on the keyboard now. Shows it was definitely just the keyboard, (on my unit, at least), and not the software of Honeycomb. I wanted Swiftkey because I use it on my phone and I've loved it for a long time now, but all the review for the tablet version said it doesn't work in Polaris on the Prime (quite specific, huh, and specifically what I want it for in class! Boooo!) so I went with thumb keyboard, but I love it now. As for the browser, I use the Dolphin one, and I don't experience lag except, you know, click a link takes a few seconds before it goes anywhere because the wifi kind of sucks, I believe. Otherwise, I use Go Launcher with a live background (koi fish from kittehface), and I don't experience lag on the homescreens or app launcher, either...so I wish yours didn't have lag like it sounds - you might like the device way more. Hope your Galaxy Tab is a better fit for you! I doubt that would lag - it's such a brand name, and so popular, you know? Samsung can't let it lag lol.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast