Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you have the keyboard dock/have you ordered one?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have the Transformer Prime Keyboard Dock

10 15.38%
  • I ordered one and am waiting for it

31 47.69%
  • Haven't ordered yet (but plan to get it eventually)

19 29.23%
  • I have no intention of buying the keyboard dock

5 7.69%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hollywould
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you have the dock? Did you order one? (POLL)

Hey guys. As most probably know, I LOVE THIS TABLET!!!

...and can't wait to get the friggin' dock, so I'm just curious to see how many people here actually have the thing vs. how many have ordered it. I wish I pre-ordered one on Amazon or somewhere back when it first went up, but I assumed I'd be able to pick one up at GameStop (or elsewhere) when I picked up my pre-ordered Prime. Didn't realize they'd be unavailable everywhere .

Bonus question: why is the dock so hard to come by? It doesn't have wifi or GPS to necessitate a delay :-p

Default Re: Do you have the dock? Did you order one? (POLL)

Agreed. I'm going crazy trying to find this dock. I've ordered one on Amazon, but while I wait for them to get stock I've been calling all my local electronics stores to see if they have it, and when they might get it. I really want that damn dock.
    hmackenz likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yup. Did the whole calling stores thing for a bit but realized most things are showing up online first, if at all. Maybe I'll call the store where I got my tablet and see if they have any updates.

Yeah, waiting for it from Amazon is slowly getting to me...lol. But, I guess this is better than those people who have the dock, but not the tablet.

I've had mine preordered at Best Buy since I preordered my tablet, I got my Prime 12/27, and the dock is still listed as backordered. Unfortunately the dock is champagne colored and my prime is amethyst so I need to call BB and try to get that changed before it ships out.

I ordered the table and the dock after the release from Amazon and they are saying that both will be shipped and the end of Jan/beginning of Feb.
    Can't wait to get it! I sold my iPad so I could afford this and I miss having a tablet more than I thought!

Pre-Ordered the 32GB Grey tablet and dock, from BB and received both on the same day around Dec 22nd. My boss order the Champagne combo and its still on back-order.

My issue is that I would like to have the dock before my return period runs on the tablet. If the dock sucks I would be more inclined to return the tablet also. But it doesn't look like I will be able to get the dock before the return period runs out. I'm on preorder with Amazon for the dock but hope it comes in stock elsewhere sooner.

Ordered the dock & tab from Amazon on Dec 21st (after they cancelled my first pre-order). Got the dock today, but the tablet won't ship for another 3-6 weeks. Anyone wanna trade?

after pre-ordering on 11/29 from TD I FINALLY got a shipping number for my dock. #@%! prime is still back-ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeryon View Post
    Ordered the dock & tab from Amazon on Dec 21st (after they cancelled my first pre-order). Got the dock today, but the tablet won't ship for another 3-6 weeks. Anyone wanna trade?
    Cancel ur order and get it thru best buy. The 32 Greys are in stock. Ordered mine last night, will be here the 11th. Already got a tracking nbr.

Sent from my Evo 3D on Tapatalk - - BAM, that just happened.
    BAM - - That just happened!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Mine was just dropped off Got it from newegg - happened to catch it in stock when refreshing the page in the middle of the night

numbers now are 7, 19, 16, 4 but i imagine the 2nd row will convert to the top row pretty soon Too bad we can't change votes

well i guess im in that minority who arent planning to get the dock. im used to my ipad and touch screens so i think the dock kinda defeats the purpose of having a tablet lol but thats just stricktly my opinion lol :-)

It is available now on Best Buy, the tablet and the dock, in grey. To find the dock I had to enter Asus dock in the search box for it to show up. To find the tablet, I had to type in Asus Transformer. It is 5:16 pm on Friday and they are both available.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Trevalkin View Post
    well i guess im in that minority who arent planning to get the dock. im used to my ipad and touch screens so i think the dock kinda defeats the purpose of having a tablet lol but thats just stricktly my opinion lol :-)
    thanks for sharing your opinion i like the idea of being able to use this as a netbook in class on the rare days i wouldn't need my macbook pro. it'll be nice to be able to just bring this in an XS timbuk2 messenger instead of my big heavy laptop in a full bag full of stuff haha. in terms of tablet usage, this thing is great as a stand-alone tablet