Protection for the prime?

Andyroo89

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I am getting my first tablet and I am planning to buy Transformer prime. I love otterbox and I have their case for my EVO 4G. unfortunately it seems they may not make a protection case for the prime and I am looking for alternative from otterbox for protective case?

EDIT; No, that is not me in the avatar XD

Last edited:

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd actually be curious to see what some of these companies comes up with in terms of cases with protection. I have my stored in an iconia flip from Targus - super tight fit and sometimes the case pushes on the up volume and I go into safe mode - but I don't want to take any chances. I'm also interested to see how this would affect the wifi range. I know skinomi makes those real tight armor like skins that you apply in pieces and use the hairdryer to set at the end. I'm waiting for the leather case that envelops both the tab and dock and allows you to close it. Won't do much from cracking I'm sure if I drop it but will offer some protection for scratches.

uglyyeti

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Timbuk2 iPad2 plush sleeve from Best Buy - it's about 1/8" too small for the Prime - it just won't slide in without forcing it. It's a really nice quality sleeve, but it's going back.

I've also ordered one of the black "PU leather" (or "pleather") flip cases from an eBay seller in Hong Kong. I gave him a best offer bid of $15 shipped and it's on its way. I figure I'll just use this until something I really want to use comes out.

reynoldsrobbie

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
@Andyroo89: I feel the same way about Otterbox. I've had every case for the HTC 4G and now the HTC EVO 3D. I wrote them an email and I suggest everyone else interested do the same. If they get enough interest in a product, they will make it. I got a reply saying that others have asked and they have an interest file open.

I'd love to see an Otterbox case for both the tablet and also the keyboard.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
what is everyone using until they find what they like? I am eagerly anticipating my Prime arriving today, but I watched an unboxing and it comes with NOTHING, for protection. I plan on purchasing something from a store, because I want to actually physically hold it to see how substantial it will be, plus I want to see how easily it goes on and off for when I get the dock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch