Overall Battery Life

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
By now some of you should have had your tablets long enough for some general answers on battery life, how's it holding out? does battery life meet expectations?

any feedback as always is appreciated

effingpace

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
By now some of you should have had your tablets long enough for some general answers on battery life, how's it holding out? does battery life meet expectations?

any feedback as always is appreciated

I am on my 1st full day with it. Just got it last night. Took it off my charger around midnight since it was at 100%. Been messing around with it all day getting my apps installed and home screens setup and i am at 70% remaining and its been on for 14 hours 57 minutes. Been using it most of the day but remember it was idle overnight.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I like it and think it's great. It's my first tablet, though, so I can't compare it. I guess I could borrow my brother's Xoom to compare.

yamatime

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Aside from comparing it to anything.... How long is it lasting on a charge? With the dock, without the dock? What were u doing on it? (watching movies, setting it up, Internet, etc.)

Sent from my Evo 3D on Tapatalk.

tony1ant

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Using mine out of the dock battery lasts about 5 hrs. I'm using email, Facebook,IMO messenger which is connected to Yahoo, Skype& Facebook and of course my browser watching vids on YouTube and browsing web. I haven't tried it with the dock yet to see how long battery lasts.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 4th full charge cycle since getting my TFP the Friday before New Years. Battery life is amazing and comparable to iPad2 even under heavy activity. The major difference though was changing the WIFI disconnect policy to Never when plugged in (wifi off when screen off when on battery). By default it's on never, which means wifi is on the whole time it is enabled. You can change it under Settings/Wireless & Networks/Wireless Settings/Wifi disconnect Policy. I've noticed with wifi on the whole time over night I lost about 16-20 percent on battery when I wake up. But with wifi being off with the policy change, I now lose 1% every night instead. If only my Infuse phone was like this I'd be a happy camper. I don't like stuff running in the background, if I need email or have Skype/IM running, I will go in the app and do it not it doing for me and wasting battery when I don't care for it yet. With wifi off this baby can last for days on standby. On heavy use during work days(meaning not having the tablet around me while at work) I can stretch it to 2 days before charging. Light use work days about 4 days. A full day of heavy use I'd get about 9 hours. And that's 3d gaming, Netflix/videos/music streaming/email/Skype for example. Normal use about 14-15 hours. I've attached a screen of my battery use with wifi off over night and while at work today. Love it!!

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Had mine for a few days now and the when I check battery usage, it says "battery usage data not available."

Has never been available. Any thoughts?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Can someone maybe conduct a test and find out how much "in use" time the battery has? I know standby time can be awesome but to be honest I don't find it all that useful to know how long the device can be left un-used. With a dock also if possible please.

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Constant use/screen on while atToyota dealership for almost 4hours. From 100 to 75 in 2hours, 100 to 50 in exactly 4 hours. Websites, Netflix, angry birds, customizing homescreens. Almost certain now, 8 hours of straight use. Can you tell how bored I am haha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513