Skype issues?

robiii

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having Skype issues with video calling? The app says it's not compatible but i'm just checking around.

muckdog

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
No, skype doesn't work on my Transformer Prime, either. I can see the video sent to me, but the person on the other end can't see the video from my Transformer Prime. After verifying skype settings, turning off and on, resetting, rebooting, deleting cache, force stopping, checking settings, trying the front camera and back camera, uninstalling and reinstalling, I just gave up.

Video calling on Skype is a no go. Won't work.

The voice works. And I can see video sent to me. But when I try to turn on the video it tries and then says video isn't on and to turn on the camera, which doesn't work, and then gives me the same message over and over again.

Maybe it will work after the ICS upgrade.

If not, maybe the way to fix Skype is to return the Transformer Prime and buy an iPad. I hear it works on an iPad. LOL

maskedpirate

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Skype video works, however I can't get any Bluetooth headset to work at all either in Skype or Google talk. Anyone else have any luck with bluetooth?

ReneLeBlanc

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
With my Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch phone (on Sprint) and version 2.8.0.920 of Skype, video calls seem to work quite well. I can use either the front or back camera; a very handy feature for showing somebody things where you are. My only complaint is that there is apparently quite a bit of compression that causes the pictures to be rather blurry at a computer screen receiving them. They look great on my phone. I'm not sure if there is some setting for this that could improve it.