Transformer Prime WIFI

athenic

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi all Finally received my Transformer Prime yesterday and this device is truly amazing(coming over from the Transformer which i love as well). I was disappointed though when i connected to WIFI and experienced super low speeds.At Close range 4 down 3 up and medium 700 kbps down and 300kbps up(for the record i usually get 17 down and 5 up with my Galaxy Nexus and Transformer1 ). Although the speed is not great i figured a firmware updates would fix the issue. Fast forward to this morning at where I decided to try the Prime connected to my normally slower work network and I'm receiving a pimg of 5ms and 10 down and 27 up! This all leads me to the conclusion that there are setting on my router that need to be changed or a router model that is better than others for the Transformer Prime. I'm currently using the Trendnet Dual band 450Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router( simultaneous 5ghz and 2.4ghz broadcast with wep security on the2.4 frequency) but i can test my oldish Dlink 655 N router tonight.

Anyone having luck or failure with their router configs or models let us know and maybe we can figure out what routers or settings work best of our new Prime.

HaveADay

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have definitely noticed there's some variation based upon router configuration. I've not been able to nail down exactly what the parameters are for success and failure though I can confirm that the corporate network at my office using Cisco B/G APs doesn't work well with the Prime.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My WiFi strength seems to be fine... However, overnight or when sitting for extended periods of time, I lose the connection and it does not re-connect. The WiFi signal turns white (instead of blue) and does not have a connection. If I turn WiFi off and back on, it does reconnect, however, any widgets/applications that use WiFi to update have been unable to update.

I have the WiFi disconnect policy set to NOT disconnect when screen/power is off.

Happening to others?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The speed test results that I just ran on my Ipad 2 SGSII Skyrocket and TF Prime.
speed measured in mbps

Ipad 2: DL 16.51 UPL 1.99 16 ms
SGSII: DL 16.07 UPL 2.02 142 ms
TF Prime: DL 13.25 UPL 1.93 with 73 ms
All three devices where on the same desk with the router next to them.

athenic

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
The speed test results that I just ran on my Ipad 2 SGSII Skyrocket and TF Prime.
speed measured in mbps

Ipad 2: DL 16.51 UPL 1.99 16 ms
SGSII: DL 16.07 UPL 2.02 142 ms
TF Prime: DL 13.25 UPL 1.93 with 73 ms
All three devices where on the same desk with the router next to them.

What router are you using? interesting that the ping is better for the prime than the gs2 but the dl and ul are worse

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
What router are you using? interesting that the ping is better for the prime than the gs2 but the dl and ul are worse

yes i noticed that too but after that i ran a few more tests and the ping on GS2 was always around 30 34 I'm using the DLink DIR-825

RoscoeDpG

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
My WiFi strength seems to be fine... However, overnight or when sitting for extended periods of time, I lose the connection and it does not re-connect. The WiFi signal turns white (instead of blue) and does not have a connection. If I turn WiFi off and back on, it does reconnect, however, any widgets/applications that use WiFi to update have been unable to update.

I have the WiFi disconnect policy set to NOT disconnect when screen/power is off.

Happening to others?
ya i just got mine other day and noticed that once it sits few hrs it does that but last night it was fine when i came home from work 10 hrs later and was still connected when i got back on it i think its just firmware prob atleast hope it is lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20