Can't connect to PC

coltbean

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't get my pc to recognize the prime. It say's found new hardware but will not install drivers. I tried downloading the drivers from Asus website but still no luck. Tried it on a duplicate pc with same OS and no problem. Any ideas?

FrogDog8276

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I as having a similar problem where my PC would recognize the Prime but when I tried to transfer files it would say the device was disconnected or has stopped working. I ended up having to wipe the Prime from the settings menu to get it to work.

reynoldsrobbie

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Windows 7 and was having the same issue. I had to update Windows by hitting start button>all programs>windows update.

Hope that helps!

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Now I have a TF101 but this issue should not be hardware related it should be software. What version of Honeycomb are you running. I have running Windows 7 64-bit Professional with Android V3.2.1 and it connects up just fine and looks like two hard drives to my Windows 7 (internal and MicroSD). Now I use USB HDs of all sorts so the required drivers might already be loaded but mine just connects up.

coltbean

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm runnign XP. It connects fine on a coworkers PC that is an exact duplicate of mine and it connects to my personal windows 7 machine. Got to be a driver issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair