Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hmackenz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Question: Does your HDMI port seem VERY lose?

I'm using the HDMI port and the connection feels like it is barely hanging on. It is displaying the picture, but the cable flops around at the connector. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Default Re: Question: Does your HDMI port seem VERY lose?

Whoa - that's a pretty personal question. We barely know each other.
    Jonneh likes this.

(Haven't tried it on mine yet)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Well.....!

I just got a HDMI cable yesterday. Mine fits snugly into the connector on the tablet. Maybe its the cable you are using. I have the Rosewill brand and had no issues with it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

I've now tried two cables- super lose. Guess I'll need to swap them out. Too bad because no light bleed, decent wifi and great gps (outside at least)!
    Last edited by swid441; 01-06-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Just out of curiosity, are both cables the same brand?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

No, two different brands. Also, neither seems to work on my Panasonic TV. Can get it to work on two other TVs just not my Panasonic. To clarify, it fits tight, but wiggles up and down like the port is not really connected inside.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

A recent update for the TF101 fixed the Panasonic HDMI problem I have the TC-P65VT25.

It is lose or loose? Seriously, why do people insist on butchering these two words? Loose as in, 'the connector does not fit tight', is spelled with two Os. Lose as in, 'your team lost the game' (they sure as hell didn't loost the game) is spelled with one O.

This is an epidemic all over the English speaking Internet. Is it really that difficult to understand which word is spelled in which fashion?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Thenk ewe four da inglish lesun. im shure uve nevur maid a airor ewesing an fone keybord

"lose and loose" definitely looks like a simple typing mistake. "should OF been" however doesn't and i see that a lot on the internet which is really surprising for me, being a nonnative english speaker lol

Yeah, they get that because we tend to type how we speak in person, and when we speak natural English, we use contractions like I'm, isn't, don't, can't, etc. When we add "have" we turn "I should have" into "I should've" - Unfortunately, this, when said outloud, sounds similar to "should of", and therefore billions upon billions of English-speakers make fools of themselves daily by writing (and saying) "of" instead of " 've ".

It's funny, my Japanese friend and I JUST had a conversation about this grammar topic YESTERDAY. Amazing. Anyway, carry on, you internet goons you.

P.S: Trevalkin I had no idea English wasn't your first language. You're really good! Wow. I hope I can be that fluent in my second language someday.
    Thanked by:
    dalvik 

Quote Originally Posted by jonneh View Post
    P.S: Trevalkin I had no idea English wasn't your first language. You're really good! Wow. I hope I can be that fluent in my second language someday.
    lol thanks living in the states for the half of my life already so yeah.. i did pick up the language a bit lol good luck with your japanese my wife is also into japanese culture especially movies and food
    anyway... returned my tablet today to bb the girl said i was the only one who returned it to that particular store lol I dunno.. maybe I'll give it a second chance later but only after reading and watching reviews with ICS on it...

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

English proficiency aside, I tried a cable from monoprice and it won't even stay in the HDMI port at all.
    Disappointing. Can anyone suggest a reasonably brand that fits tight? I have delusions of playing some games on the big screen...