Does this tablet have deep sleep mode?

asuman1179

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen. This is my first tablet so not sure if it is normal or not. I looked at all the settings and don't see anything about a deep sleep mode just the normal turn screen off after so many mins.

So this has happen to me two times now. I will use the tablet in the am and put it on the charger and head into work. Then that night I try to turn on and I am getting nothing. I was worried that the charger was not working an it went dead. Keep hitting the power button when it finally come up with the Asus boot screen. It take so long to actual turn on I think something is wrong but not sure if that is a feature of some sort? Thanks for any insight so others might have.

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have seen this too, but it was because of the temp case I had for it was pressing on the power button. Since then, 2 weeks ago, I haven't seen that problem again.A hard reset using the hole just below the SD card reader may help.

The long boot is due to the number and types of apps installed. More a factor of the SSD speed than the processor as my TF101 and TF201 boot times are about the same with the same apps. A wipe gives me a 32 second boot but with all my apps it's 72 seconds and with some active widgets and wallpaper it can easily go to 3 minutes.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I am using a pretty intensive live wallpaper, and I have quite a few apps, especially after Google's 10-cent deals, and my boot time hovers between 2-3 minutes, so I'd say that's about right.

givver

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had this happen to me twice now. I leave it on the charger to charge up overnight. I get up in the morning and press the power button and nothing happens. Try it again, still nothing. I have to hold down the power button until i feel it vibrate then it shows the ASUS logo and starts to boot. I always leave it on the charger overnight and I have had it for about 9 days now and it has only happened twice so i am not sure what is causing it. It is just sitting on my desk and not inside a case so i don't think it is a heat problem.
As for bootup times it takes about 2-3 mins for me as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol