Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zedorda
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What's the largest microSD card the Prime will hold?

How big of a memory card can the Prime handle?

Default Re: What's the largest microSD card the Prime will hold?

The spec sheets say 32GB, I believe. But you could possibly, with the keyboard dock, plop a 32GB SD card into there, and a 32GB microSD card into the tablet. Combine those with the 32GB (or 64GB if you bought that version) internal, and damn, you've got some real space. At least, I think you can do this.

ROM
    Paranoid Android 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by jonneh View Post
    The spec sheets say 32GB, I believe. But you could possibly, with the keyboard dock, plop a 32GB SD card into there, and a 32GB microSD card into the tablet. Combine those with the 32GB (or 64GB if you bought that version) internal, and damn, you've got some real space. At least, I think you can do this.
    Yeah but then your stuck using a dock all the time

Quote Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
    Yeah but then your stuck using a dock all the time
    In that case, forget the 32GB SD card and just use the 32GB microSD inserted into the actual tablet, plus either another 32GB or 64GB depending on your version, and wahlah - you'd still have either 64GB of space or 96GB of space. =) Gotta love expandable memory.

Both the TF-101 and the TF-201 will use most any SDHC all the way up to 128gb but not all the cards over 32gb will work and there is little to no way to fine out other than reading the reviews. IMHO anything over 32gb is insanely over priced tho. I have a 32gb micro SD and a 32gb full size SD. I can only hope 80gb is enough lol
    Thanked by:
    FrogDog8276 likes this.

I think the guy that does the androidnz review videos got a 64gb to work - i didn't catch that part of the video though. I went with 32 micro because a name brand class 4 is 50 bucks retail or less when a 64 starts around $200 online.

I have a standard sd to micro sd converter on the way from hong kong - anxious to try it as my camera is sd and I'd like to be able to read the cards without a dock.

im planning on buying a 32 card for my prime, im just wondering what class everyone is using and with what results? naturally id lean more towards a class 10, but i heard somehwere that the tablet has issues reading or writing to it.

I got a 32gb card always in the tablet to go along with the 32 that i have onboard.

Got my card off of ebay for 30.

The SDXC (64gb and larger) format is not compatible with machines built for SDHC (32GB or less). At least at Lexar..

What is SDXC?

SDXC (SD Extended Capacity) is an SD memory card format that is based on the SDA 3.0 specification. Today, SD and SDHC cards, which are based on the SDA 2.0 specification, can reach capacities up to 32GB. The SDA 3.0 specification, on the other hand, enables SD cards to "extend" beyond this 32GB capacity limit and reach higher capacities: from 32GB up to 2TB.

SDXC memory cards use the newer "exFAT" file system that is more efficient for SDXC's large capacities, while SD and SDHC memory cards use the FAT32 file system. This difference is the reason that the new SDXC format is NOT backwards compatible with host devices that only take SD (128MB to 2GB) or SDHC (4GB to 32GB) cards.

PLEASE NOTE: Use of SDXC memory cards in non-SDXC compatible host devices may result in data loss, as the non-SDXC hosts do not understand the file system. Contact your device manufacturer for details.

SDXC FAQs | Lexar

sorry, i just reread my previous post and its a bit confusing lol, i meant to say im going to add a 3g gb micro sd card to compliment the onboard 32 gb of memory, but i remember reading somewhere that tablets are having a hard time either reading or writing to a higher class card.

i currently have a 16gb class 4 card in my phone with no issues, but as the read and write speeds are much quicker in a class 10 id want one of those, however i want to avoid having problems with reading and or writing of my files so i wanted your personal results with the different types of micro sd cards youre using.

cheers!