First Drop Test Successful

uglyyeti

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Tonight my six year old fumbled my bare naked Prime and it hit the floor. Same drop that shattered the hinge on his DS last year (I've gotten really good at operating on those.) The micro sd ejected, but I can't find a scratch or ding on it anywhere. I've been on it for a few hours - no damage apparent. Can't wait for my case to get here before it happens again.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojospapi

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I think my heart would have stopped while it was in the process of falling. Happy for you that the Prime held up.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Beretta96

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine didn't hold up so well. It hit the floor right on the corner and the screen cracked all the way across. The tablet still works but there is jagged glass on the surface. Good thing I have the accidental damage coverage. Taking it to be fixed shortly.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine already has scratches like its been hit by tiny rocks or something? I am waiting to find a screen protector but wth!!! I store my prime in a freaking pillow when not in use while i wait for my dock and case! A Pillow and then use it with my fingers and back it goes even while charging and its already scratched??? Should I return it?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine already has scratches like its been hit by tiny rocks or something? I am waiting to find a screen protector but wth!!! I store my prime in a freaking pillow when not in use while i wait for my dock and case! A Pillow and then use it with my fingers and back it goes even while charging and its already scratched??? Should I return it?

I suggest you immediately check your pillowcase for an infestation of cats and/or tiny rocks!

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
lol. Yeah I guess my problem is that I have purposefully barely used it for the last 2 weeks waiting for invisible shield to come in at best buy so to already have a scratch when this guy dropped his with nothing is really annoying to say the least. I am just wondering if I have a defective unit that I should exchange but I do not have the wifi issue so am worried about that. Will invisible shield "erase" the scratch to where I don't see it anymore? I had a slight scratch on my phone and putting on a protector made it seem to go away and I can no longer see it

rosie78

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I am so glad yours held up. Mine also was dropped and the glass cracked. I had to ship it back to Asus to get repaired. No clue what this is going to cost me.

drkstoner

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
you guys are still alot luckier than me I dropped mine 6 inches onto a marble table in my hotel room and now the screen wont even come on not a scratch on it just not working at all anymore... guess its good I can claim Defective....

DigiCowboy

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine didn't hold up so well. It hit the floor right on the corner and the screen cracked all the way across. The tablet still works but there is jagged glass on the surface. Good thing I have the accidental damage coverage.

Same here. I think time will reveal they do not take drops well. I am definitely getting a protective cover. I loved the bare tablet, so thin, but my first drop was my tablet's last. Just like Beretta it continues to work, but has shattered glass shards all along the edge and cracks throughout. Too bad, I hate to cover the beautiful design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21