1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chrome Bookmark Sync with ICS

Has anyone gotten this to work? I checked my PC and my Prime and both are logged into the same gmail account but my bookmarks are not syncing on the Prime. I know I have them setup on my PC correctly as I'm synced on multiple PC's. Is there perhaps a step I'm missing on my Prime?

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Try unchecking and rechecking browser under your account on your Prime
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Tried it. No luck.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

This is a known issue with Googles Sync in the cloud. It is well documentedin the foruma and googles bug list.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: Chrome Bookmark Sync with ICS

?? Pretty sure others said it was working for them.

It's working for me. The sync bookmarks just show up above the local ones, didn't have to change any settings.

I've never been able to get the bookmarks to sync correctly with chrome. Immediately after the update, bookmarks synced perfectly without me doing anything.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Appears to be working for me. I had enabled synch before the upgrade, though it didn't work until after the upgrade. As soon as the upgrade was completed I noticed that all my bookmarks synched.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Where do you enable it on the Prime?

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by pesto242 View Post
    This is a known issue with Googles Sync in the cloud. It is well documentedin the foruma and googles bug list.
    You're absolutely right...in regards to HC. In ICS it works perfectly
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

All I see on the Prime are 'Local' bookmarks.. ;(

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Maybe try deleting and readding your gmail on the Prime. Others have it working, and it works perfectly on my Nexus S.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Unfortunately that didn't work either.

On your PC browser, if you go to settings/options/personal stuff/sign in/advanced....is bookmarks checked?

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by Floridadomer View Post
    On your PC browser, if you go to settings/options/personal stuff/sign in/advanced....is bookmarks checked?
    He says he's synced across multiple computers, so i would assume its something with his prime.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Yup, pc's are working just fine.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

I just got my Transformer Prime set up yesterday and was setting my Bookmark sync. I have two accounts logged in. My personal account and my work account. The bookmarks for my work account synced fine but my personal account won't.

I then unchecked the bookmark sync for my work account since I didn't really need that one. I only synced my email and contacts for work. My personal account I have everything synced. Yet only my bookmarks are giving me this problem.

Attached is a screen shot. My work account will sync with no problems. I've even removed my account and added it again.

It's weird.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chrome Bookmark Sync with ICS-bookmarksync.jpg  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

New Galaxy III here. I installed Chrome Beta on it. I also have Chrome on PC/Laptop/tablet, those 3 sync bookmarks great. So when the new Galaxy III Chrome synced, it wiped out all my bookmarks on those other devices and basically started me with a clean slate. Now it syncs beautifully when I add a new bookmark, but have I lost all those old bookmarks that were on my other devices?

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by wdsport View Post
    New Galaxy III here. I installed Chrome Beta on it. I also have Chrome on PC/Laptop/tablet, those 3 sync bookmarks great. So when the new Galaxy III Chrome synced, it wiped out all my bookmarks on those other devices and basically started me with a clean slate. Now it syncs beautifully when I add a new bookmark, but have I lost all those old bookmarks that were on my other devices?
    Wow, way to pull one back from the dead, lol. Yeah, I would think you checked something that wiped everything. You can check in the Google control panel online.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

yeah, when I added a new device that did NOT happen. Check and make sure that you aren't just viewing the new folder called "Mobile bookmarks" that is created when you add a mobile device. That would be blank, because there would be nothing in their yet.