Skewing/Cropping wallpaper automatically?

shawn672

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
No matter which size wallpaper I try, it always looks blurred and cropped
When I select a custom wallpaper it makes me crop it, but won't let me select a proper scale, so it blows up just the center of the pic

I've tried a few market apps but none of them are quite right. What gives? Are there are wallpapers that are designed for this tablet that I can just download?

edit: and yea, I've searched a ton of threads here and while some people seem to kind of have the same issue with other devices, there doesnt seem to a be a fix. I can't believe everyone is using the native backgrounds...

Last edited:

shawn672

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
tried 1280x800 which is native res
also tried 1920x1080 hoping that it wouldn't look so bad and while it's not blurry, it's still zoomed in

norm883

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I have found that if you are on the web, and open a picture such as from here: while on the ASUS,
TF201

Red Tailed Specter | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It will save the entire picture as your wallpaper both Vert/Horz with no cropping and by the way these pictures are beautiful.

I have have saved to my SD Card and tried to set set as wallpaper but it will not do the entire picture it is the cross shapped cross that occurs. Not sure why? But why loking at it on the web it allows you to save the full picture?

Hope this helps.

norm883

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Found an app that handles this perfectly: PicSpeed Wallpaper.

Install it. Then go to the Gallery, select and image, then go to the menu and select "Set picture as." You'll get a list of "Set as" options, including one called "Set as Wallpaper." Select this one. It will give you a UI including three icons directly underneath the picture. One of them is widescreen--select that, and the image will be used without cropping (assuming it's the right size).

Keep the "Scrollable" option checked, then hit "Set." That should do it. It's the first app I've found that will set fully images as scrollable wallpaper with no cropping whatsoever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek