Tether bionic on vzw?

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if this is possible.... I've tried several methods of (wifi tether 3.11beta, and pdanet). Anyhelp would be appreciated.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I use the wifi tether app from Google, I do pay verizon their 30$ a month, though, which I completely don't mind,as I use it as my primary connection for watching Netflix on my TV. I have unlimited data from a plan that was grandfathered in.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site

Cappurnikus

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Droid 3 + pdanet works for me. Turn on pdanet on the Droid then connect with the prime, pretty simple.

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
no unfortunately, everything was hook up exactly as dictated in the app and states it is properly configured but when i choose to connect in step 2 i get failed to connect to bluetooth server (java.io.IOException: Device or resource busy)

Last edited:

Trackready

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Bionic bluetooth tethers to prime np, just click in the advanced settings and make sure "use internet connection" is ticked

whiteth

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I tether my prime to my Galaxy Nexus every morning on the bus and it works perfectly. If anyone is trying to do this from a GNex, I know there are issues with the tether apps in the market and compatibility with ICS. I did some research and found that "WiFi Tether Experimental" works flawlessly.

You can find the apk at this link...

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

I'm using the pre115 release (second one down). I'm sure this would work for other phones as the app contains profiles for dozens of others.

You can also set up access privileges and protect the network if you're using it in a very public place as I am.

jbfuson

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Im using the kang rom on my gn and it has unlocked the native tether so u dont need to pay extra. I just connect via bt to here. I use to use wifi-tether app

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
After reading through this post, I think there might still be a little confusion on how to make it work via bluetooth. Try these steps:

1. First, make sure that your phone's WiFi is turned off! You cannot use your phone's WiFi to surf. (Why would you want to anyway?)
2. Turn your phone's bluetooth on and check the "Discoverable"
3. Go into settings of your Prime, turn WiFi off, and Bluetooth on then search for devices.
4. Your phone should show up in the list of devices on the right side. Select it then you'll have to accept the pairing on both devices.
5. If this is the first time, you might have to select the device again to connect.
6. Surf away

If I was wrong and everyone understood, sorry for the extra posting. Just wanted to clarify some things.

You do NOT need to be rooted on either device for this to work!

theduke

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
One click root your bionic ....real simple....then download tether app....and your ready it take like ten min...i can give u all the info and links you need...I just did it on my bionic and im not a tech head i did a lot of reading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781