Why won't GameLoft games work on the TP (Asphalt 6, Backstab...)

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
So I purchased some Gameloft games from the Android Market back when they were running their 10 cent sale. But I purchased them and used them on my XOOM. Great games.

I have now upgraded to the TP, and I couldn't find the games listed in market. Used MyAppSharer to move them over, but when I open them it says they won't play on my device? Why? How can a game run fine on the XOOM, but be unable to play here?

Does anyone know of a workaround on these or am I just out of luck on those games (Asphalt 6 HD, Backstab HD, Ball Break HD).

Thanks
K--

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
They don't work on anything running ICS yet. They don't work on the Galaxy Nexus either. They need to update their games to work with ICS.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why won't GameLoft games work on the TP (Asphalt 6, Backstab.

Ahh thank you Allan. You've no helped me twice. I'm in your debt. Well, ICS is worth more to me than those games, so... :-D

K--

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I don't think it is only an ICS thing with Asus devices because both the TF-101 and the TF-201 when running HC also don't have these games in the market. I believe someone at Asus dropped the ball on making sure thing devices are supported by 3rd party software companies.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

Asphalt 6 works fine on my Galaxy Nexus. I don't think it's an ICS thing.

vectorman

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is only an ICS thing with Asus devices because both the TF-101 and the TF-201 when running HC also don't have these games in the market. I believe someone at Asus dropped the ball on making sure thing devices are supported by 3rd party software companies.

It's not up to the manufacturers to make their devices support all third party apps--that's an impossible task, as there are tens of thousands of apps. It is the responsibility of the app authors to configure their software for each device they want to support. The fact is that Gameloft has not built in support for the Transformers.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately ICS or not gameloft haven't made them available on the Prime. Still no guarantee they will either.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Well, I contacted Gameloft customer service and they had a great response. Since the games I purchased don't work now, they sent me links to four games that do work with the TP and ICS (Spiderman, Sparta, and some others). I highly recomend the email if you bought those games.

K--

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci