I wish I did not install the update

rickc1015

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be having a bunch of problems. Youtube will not play videos, stock launcher crashes, browser problems, quadrant can't connect, etc. I wish I could uninstall this update.

kingsway8605

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the update bugs were the last straw. I knew going in I would put up with inherent Android problems like the lack of apps, but with the bootloader, the wifi issues, bad GPS, tethering issues, constant lockups and restarts, and today's ota, I returned it for an iPad. It has been one issue after another. I had to return the first prime because it wouldn't turn on despite being fully charged and the first keyboard because a key got stuck. Then I saw the issue with screens failing off and Asus having the nerve to charge shipping for warranty repairs. With apple I can just go to the store and usually leave with a new iPad that day.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I installed the new firmware update and even though the tablet was charged to about %65 percent maybe 6 hours ago, it's now dead when I went to turn it on.
I've plugged it back in to see if it's a fluke but so far no response.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I installed the new firmware update and even though the tablet was charged to about %65 percent maybe 6 hours ago, it's now dead when I went to turn it on.
I've plugged it back in to see if it's a fluke but so far no response.

Just FYI, after 35 minutes on hold waiting for ASUS support, I was told that I had a power anomaly. Should this happen to anyone else, unplug the tablet, hold down the power button (I was told for 30 seconds but took about 15). You'll feel a vibration and it should restart.

Hope it doesn't happen to you but if so, maybe this will bypass the hold music (it's awful by the way).

Reactions: Jonneh

John566

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe the youtube crashing yesterday / early today is something from youtube itself. I had the same issue last night with my Galaxy Tab 7.7 and this morning it was working fine. I think it is just a coincidence that it corresponded with the update.

I installed the newest update this morning and I'm still getting the stock browser hang where it asks if I want to "Wait" or "Report". I can always click "Wait" right after that and it works great again for a while. I was really hopping the update would fix this. Anyone else getting that error before or after the update? Thanks.

John566

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope their is another update next week because I just got another random reboot on (.13). The only thing I had done since the update this morning is a bit of web browsing in the stock browser. Very disappointing. I wonder if a restore would take care of it. I was in the browser when it rebooted.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Latest OTA has been rock solid for me. No reboots or wifi problems.

There's a little lag, but not like with the previous version.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

gbarrett71

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
im still having the same lockup issues even after the latest update. I actually think the problem is worse. These random reboots are getting very annoying. I feel bad because my mother and I got Primes on the same day a couple weeks ago after me recommending the Prime to her for her first tablet. I wish i had recommended the iPad for her because of these issues. I love this tablet when it works right but i'm getting beyond frustrated with the issues. I say the latest update is crap and I hope Asus gets this straightned out quickly. These tablets cost too much money to have these sorts of issues.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
im still having the same lockup issues even after the latest update. I actually think the problem is worse. These random reboots are getting very annoying. I feel bad because my mother and I got Primes on the same day a couple weeks ago after me recommending the Prime to her for her first tablet. I wish i had recommended the iPad for her because of these issues. I love this tablet when it works right but i'm getting beyond frustrated with the issues. I say the latest update is crap and I hope Asus gets this straightned out quickly. These tablets cost too much money to have these sorts of issues.

Are both tablets having the same problems? Or is it just yours? If it is just yours, can you still exchange it? It seems you have a defective one. I have had no random reboots with mine after any of the udpates.

Darkblue31

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The last update seemed to have fixed my random reboots and lock ups. I would suggest if it still happens to do a factory reset if it still is messed up contact asus. (good luck)

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, after 3 factory data resets I have to send back to ASUS. Prime seems fine as long as I don't sign in to a google account but then it's kind of hard to use the tablet.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The last update has killed my battery life. I used to be able to go 6-7 days with the dock. Now every other day I have to charge it. Not liking that at all. They need to fix it ASAP!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Atticus Craft

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
It's strange how hit and miss all of these issues seem to be. I ordered mine fairly early on, had it for weeks, and haven't had a single problem yet (with the tablet or dock) other than a complete lack of gps capabilities (which I don't care for anyway, it's useless to me). No random reboots, no screen issues, wifi has been fantastic (as good as my phone without fault), etc.

It's disappointing hearing all the reports of people having problems, it's a fantastic tablet and could have had an amazing impact, but seems to be it's own worst enemy.

I will note I haven't been having problems with any of the updates (other than losing root, but I got it back) and I did experience a youtube issue, but before I installed the update. So definitely on youtube's end.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon