Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keep the original or go with the replacement?

got my Prime about 10 days ago, after the upgrade, all was well, then boom had 2 random reboots. I cleared off my info so i could return it, but had to order a new one then when it came in i would return the older one.

After i cleared off my info, i haven't had any issues with reboots. Also updated to the latest upgrade with no issues so far

My question is this- do i keep my original prime, or do i keep the new one that i ordered as a replacement?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    Check me out on twitter if you like- http://twitter.com/polar135

Default Re: Keep the original or go with the replacement?

I suppose it's a matter of testing both units, and seeing which (if either) is more stable. As you noted, with the newest upgrades and after wiping your data (including apps I'm assuming?), the original unit became more stable.

A frequent finding is that app compatibility issues with ICS (assuming you're running it) have been one of the biggest causes of random crashes & reboots, so it could very well be that the data you removed from the unit is what's causing the problems. Also, the newer OTA's might have fixed some of those issues.

As ICS is still pretty new, and they're working out the kinks as we somewhat act as their guinea pigs, you're likely to get some random problems -- I certainly have -- and chances are the new unit will have similar issues, assuming you load it up exactly the same as the original. Though it may not.

Short answer? Uhh, I'unno. Lol. But test them each out, and see what results you get. Either way, post what your outcome was so we know.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I ended up keeping the new one just cause it gave a additional 14 days to test

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk.
    Check me out on twitter if you like- http://twitter.com/polar135