External HD question

Beerninjaxiii

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I can browse my external hard drive no problem, I can move music onto my tablet no problem, the only problem I have is I can get my music player to read the music from my external HD. I have over 200gb of music on my external and would like to just play random instead of having to pick and choose what music I move onto my tablet.

So my question is what am I doing wrong, I have tried everything I can think of. I have looked at every setting with no luck.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

malicefox

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I will test this when i get home tonight. i too have all my music on an external drive. I know movies and pictures have no problems playing but i havent tried my music yet.

DigiCowboy

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I think that is a shortcoming of the stock music player. I just went through this yesterday and tried a number of players and found that other players 'see' music beyond internal storage. Some are free and some are not. Search Android music players and you will have alot to try. I settled on PowerAmp.
Update: The stock player does find music, at least on micro SD card, while some players I tried did not. I looked at too many yesterday, so I wanted to clear that up. I did not try an external HD.

Last edited: