Broken Micro SD slot

yazoowho

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My micro SD slot is now not working. After transfer some files onto it from my PC, I went to put it back in and it just bounced out without the usual locking click. I know to put it in carefully because it always seemed a little delicate , but now it just goes in and doesn't lock in.

Called Asus support and they wanted me to get it checked at BestBuy since that's where I purchased it. If BB confirms its broken, then Asus will get me a RMA.

My dilemma is this:

Get RMA and have Asus repair?
Or
Return to BB and use my service contract with them?

-Peter

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Will BB exchange it over the counter, or do they have to send it out for repair as well?

BestBuy and especially FutureShop (at least here in Canada) are notorious for taking excessive amounts of time to "service" computers, not sure about tablets. If they'll give you the option of an over-the-counter exchange, I'd do that.

The other thing I've always wondered about is, if you directly RMA it with Asus rather than BB, and have an extended warranty/service plan with BB, will they still honour it given you'd technically have a different unit?

yazoowho

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Will BB exchange it over the counter, or do they have to send it out for repair as well?

BestBuy and especially FutureShop (at least here in Canada) are notorious for taking excessive amounts of time to "service" computers, not sure about tablets. If they'll give you the option of an over-the-counter exchange, I'd do that.

The other thing I've always wondered about is, if you directly RMA it with Asus rather than BB, and have an extended warranty/service plan with BB, will they still honour it given you'd technically have a different unit?

Thanks. I'm going to try to get an exchange, if not repair. Not sure if I trust Asus after hearing how they have been handling the RMA's lately.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz