Prime handwriting - makenotes

atscott

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
It seems that the transformer prime (or mine) doesn't do well with handwriting. I have am using the boxwave capacitive stylus (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1607431) that has worked perfectly well on my sister's iPad.

Can anyone else try to install Makenotes (beta)? (it's free) - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...kenotes&feature=also_installed&token=Zq4JRljV
When I use my finger or stylus, I mostly get a bunch of dots rather than the lines that I am drawing. I'm wondering if it is just my transformer (and I should exchange it while I still can) or if it is a problem in general with the prime. I'm really thinking of selling my prime on ebay because of its lack of good handwriting recognition. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

megamitch

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Have the same problems with the pen tool in the app. But notice with the line tool it still recognizes your movement. I think its still beta for a reason.

For the record...I don't have that problem with other drawing apps (Photoshop, Sketchbook, etc.).

atscott

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay, this thanks for replying. I was just worried because it seemed like it was working for other people (with other tablets I guess)

mikenzinbfe

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
It seems that the transformer prime (or mine) doesn't do well with handwriting. I have am using the boxwave capacitive stylus (Amazon.com: BoxWave Capacitive Stylus for Apple iPad 1, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle Fire, Blackberry Torch, HTC Amaze 4G, Desire HD, EVO 4G, EVO View 4G, Flyer, Motorola Droid RAZR, Photon 4G, All Touch Screen Tablets (Jet ) that has worked perfectly well on my sister's iPad.

Can anyone else try to install Makenotes (beta)? (it's free) - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...kenotes&feature=also_installed&token=JxptoGGx
When I use my finger or stylus, I mostly get a bunch of dots rather than the lines that I am drawing. I'm wondering if it is just my transformer (and I should exchange it while I still can) or if it is a problem in general with the prime. I'm really thinking of selling my prime on ebay because of its lack of good handwriting recognition. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

even with glitches it is so much better than what myself and other owners of palm v's went through, 16 yrs ago but it feels like yesterday nonetheless. as for your stylus they aren't all the same. i have two, one like most everyone else here owns and one that has a fine pointed tip, not sharp, slightly rounded at the end but allows for much more precision. the tip is made from threads of conductive carbon fiber like material, it works for me anyway. if interested i found mine searching around at amazon.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
if you want a note taking tablet... do like i did. spend the extra $$$ and get yourself an (imported) Asus Eee Note. Not available in the USA/Canada (although they are advertised on the US site...). I got mine from amazon italy, but you can get them on ebay, and several asian sites. the conversion to english is an easy, non hack conversion. SUPERB hand writing recognition. I use my transformer as a laptop replacement, and my Eee note as a paper notebook replacement. WELL worth the money

(*by superb, i mean that as a student, taking organic chemistry, math, plant physiology, and other writing and diagram intensive courses, i am able to keep up with both hand written digital notes, as well as draw any figures or chemical structures or whatever i need*. Simply amazing tablet)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn