2-17-2012 Firmware update US_epad-9.4.2.14

DougGraham

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Any fix for for the random reboots yet? Tried a factory reset but im still getting random reboots. Any help?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Jason100

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Any fix for for the random reboots yet? Tried a factory reset but im still getting random reboots. Any help?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Hi DougGraham.. I posted earlier about the problem I was having with the freezing and automatic reboots every couple of minutes. Here is an update.

I have been on the phone with Asus all day about it. We did the system reboot and factory resets, etc., none of which helped.

They told me I am going to need to mail the tablet in to them and they are going to need to work on it. They said it should take around 10-14 days. Real bummer.... I had to setup a ticket number with them, and they sent the mailing info. If anyone hears of a solution sometime soon though outside of that let us know! :)

balls1299

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with random reboots. This is complete bull . Nothing like spending $500 on a unit that can't get a GPS signal and now reboots at will.

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Update came up today for me, and installed without a hitch.

I haven't had enough time yet to thoroughly test all functions, but WiFi appears to be working fine, and haven't noticed any graphical issues in YouTube or the Recent Apps list as of yet.

However, I've noticed a few pauses/delays in processing which appear to be intermittent (i.e. opening/closing apps, browsing the Market) -- has anyone else seen this? I'll need to monitor things, as I also feel that my battery has drained faster than normal today. Could be related to the delays, if something is for some reason bogging down the CPU. I'll update on this in a few days or so.

jstewart0131

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't notice this before but it does appear that my GPS is Borked. I'm not sure if it was the .13 or .14 update that did the borking, but I'm not heart broken over it.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have any issues with the update and have had no random crashes or anything like that. The only difference I've noticed is that the auto screen brightness feature seems to react much faster now than it did before.

Relddem

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
There's a thread up at xda where they're compiling a list of users who have had problems with the serial number prefixes. There's also a suggestion that NVIDIA's already working on a beta patch that they're hoping to have ready next week. I got mine in December so my return window is long closed and I really don't want to deal with the headache, so I'm holding off on the .14 update. Hopefully the next one will correct issues for those of you having them. Maybe for those of you ready to RMA this is a better option?

rmendeni

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I cannot even select "about tablet" from the settings. I can access all the other tabs (wifi, bluetooth, all the way down to developer options) but for some reason when i hit "about tablet" nothing happens. Has anyone else seen this issue before? I eventually was able to update my tablet by using the arrows on the dock and pressing enter to select about tablet, but its frustrating that i was not able to do it with the tablet alone.

Thanks for your input

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37