Any prime users able to view feeds from Justin.TV or Twitch.TV?

ispeck

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had my new Prime for a couple days and find that I cannot view streams from these sites without getting lockups or just the audio playing with a black screen.

I've tried the stock browser, Dolphin (with various settings like desktop mode), Opera and Firefox with no luck.
I've even tried a Justin TV launcher app from the market that still hung up.

For reference I have a Droid Bionic that has no issues with these sites.

I'm wondering if others out there have this issue or if it's just me

thanks

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any prime users able to view feeds from Justin.TV or Twitch.T

Yup. Mine doesn't like Justin TV either. Probably too much for the browser.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

It works fine on my Prime. Dolphin and stock browser, no issues. I'm still running Honeycomb. Could your issues be related to ICS?

Do you guys have the latest version of Flash installed?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

I tested it due to this thread. I get audio but no video when I hit play on the site. (justin.tv) Using Dolphin, Android 4.0 on the prime.

P.S: For the record, the Japanese NHK World Broadcasting site, jibtv, works just fine for streaming in Dolphin. Currently enjoying it now.

Last edited:

ispeck

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Just a quick update

I found that most streams from justin and twitch will work on the stock browser and dolphin IF i am NOT logged in to my justin tv account. Some of them get hung up on the initial ads that play but changing the resolution of the feed eventually gets most of the ones i've tried to work. It's a minor inconvenience as finding my favorites is a little more work but not too bad. Just a side effect of a lot of the not being tablet friendly quite yet.

Hope that helps somebody

Thanks for the replies

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Update for my own problem -

So you were able to get justin.tv to work by changing the resolution? The reason I ask is because I just tried watching the live Android Central podcast from the site in both the stock browser and Dolphin (my main browser), and both simply play the audio with a black screen. I can't figure out how to even begin to troubleshoot it. The browser settings don't change anything, even when I said to view it as desktop.

Any help?

WFernandezJr

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the very same issue. I just bought the Prime TF201 running Android 4.1.1., Kernel 3.1.10 and build #10.4.2.15-20120917. I installed Dolphin, Chrome and Firefox with no luck. The system can't run/install Adobe Flash. I've tried different versions between 10 and 11 and still no can't do. Does anyone have a step-by-step work-around so I can view justin.tv on my Prime? THNX!

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Can you view videos on NFL.com? I don't have have a Justin tv account to test with, but I can get Flash to play with Firefox. I couldn't get it done with Dolphin.

WFernandezJr

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I can see other videos, just not justin.

However, I've found that this is normal with this new Android version. Apparently, Adobe is not supporting it for this browser so....we lose.

What seems to work, just not quite well is Firefox. Go figure.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol