Mic/Headphone Input

musoman

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if a microphone can be plugged in to record a musician. I'd prefer to get a Prime than an iPad but this ability is a necessary.

False_Aesop

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I think all tablets are a no go. An iPad would only have audio out as well and 0 physical inputs. With a prime you could get a USB Mic or a to USB adapter but neither is optimal. I don't know of any serious app based audio production suites either. Do yourself a favor get a laptop. Right now tablets any tablet is a consumption device not a production device.

Reactions: musoman

musoman

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I have a Macbook and use Garageband which also runs on an Ipad using the camera dock for an external mike. I was hoping to get away from Apple and get a Prime which in the specs is said to have a combined headphone/mike input socket and wondered what peoples experiences of it was.

givver

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
According to the Transformer Prim Manual on page 7. http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF201/TF201_MANUAL_en_20120210.pdf

Headphone Output/Microphone Input Combo Jack
The stereo combo jack (3.5mm) connects the Transformer’s audio
out signal to amplified speakers or headphones. Using this jack
automatically disables the built-in speaker.
For microphone input function, the jack best supports headset
microphones by ASUS.

I have tried two different non-ASUS mic's and cannot get it to work. I then tried my Headphone with Mic that i got with a old Samsung phone and the Headphones and Mic worked perfectly.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae