1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Mic/Headphone Input

Does anyone know if a microphone can be plugged in to record a musician. I'd prefer to get a Prime than an iPad but this ability is a necessary.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Mic/Headphone Input

I guess the Prime is a no-no for a musician then.

I think all tablets are a no go. An iPad would only have audio out as well and 0 physical inputs. With a prime you could get a USB Mic or a to USB adapter but neither is optimal. I don't know of any serious app based audio production suites either. Do yourself a favor get a laptop. Right now tablets any tablet is a consumption device not a production device.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the advice. I have a Macbook and use Garageband which also runs on an Ipad using the camera dock for an external mike. I was hoping to get away from Apple and get a Prime which in the specs is said to have a combined headphone/mike input socket and wondered what peoples experiences of it was.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

According to the Transformer Prim Manual on page 7.

Headphone Output/Microphone Input Combo Jack
    The stereo combo jack (3.5mm) connects the Transformer’s audio
    out signal to amplified speakers or headphones. Using this jack
    automatically disables the built-in speaker.
    For microphone input function, the jack best supports headset
    microphones by ASUS.

I have tried two different non-ASUS mic's and cannot get it to work. I then tried my Headphone with Mic that i got with a old Samsung phone and the Headphones and Mic worked perfectly.
    Last edited by givver; 03-14-2012 at 12:02 PM.