Computer to TV using splashtop

gothir

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am using my prime to access my computer using Splashtop which works great but I would now like to have my PC show on my TV as well. I know I will need some type of wireless reciever to hookup to my TV and I am looking for some suggestions.

Essentially I want to connect my PC to my tv wirelessly through my router to show exactly what is on my computer screen on the TV with sound...while using my prime as a remote to control the PC :). Anyone have any suggestions on what I would need to get this working through my wireless network?

I have the prime, pc, and router...just need the missing link from the router to tv and whatever software.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like a whole lot of work and expense. Why don't you just get an HDMI cable and hook up the Prime to the TV. I know, you want the wireless capability, but they make pretty long HDMI cables...

yankybjeans

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Install xbmc on the pc and hook the pc to the tv via an hdmi cable from your video card (assuming your video card has hdmi out). Then you can use the prime to remotely control xbmc via an app. This is essentially what I do with my home theater pc.

Short of a dedicated media unit like a roku or similar device, you cant get content from your pc to your tv wirelessly. Something has to be wired to the tv at some point.

rocker22dallas

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
They have wireless HDMI standards. Maybe search Google. It does sound like you want a home theater PC, which doesn't have to be expensive. You can use network drives and access files on your desktop from your home theater PC. If you would like a deeper explaination on how to do this, send me a pm.

Sent from my e4gt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia