SD card goes to sleep when screen goes off?

Dirty Crow

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I notice that when my prime's screen goes out and then i turn it back on i get the message "preparing external storage" referring to the SD card in the keyboard dock. Is that normal? I would think you would want to always on and prepare.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen that on mine, and I've left the mSDHC card installed the entire time. Is there an option in the settings screen that tells it how to handle external storage? I can't recall.

Dirty Crow

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen that on mine, and I've left the mSDHC card installed the entire time. Is there an option in the settings screen that tells it how to handle external storage? I can't recall.

It doesn't happen on the mSDcard just on the sdcard on the docking keyboard. Right now i'm transferring files from the msdcard to the sdcard and if the screen goes to sleep the transfer dies. very disappointing to say the least. I looked in the settings -> asus customized settings -> battery savings and tried both checking and unchecking "mobile docking battery saving mode." I guess I'll have to use the developers option -> stay awake when charging, but that's just not really a long term solution.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
the tablet itself uses a micro sd card, but the dock uses an sdhc card, myo nly assumption is that maybe the tablet is treating it as an external drive, and needs to mount it every time it is turned on or woken up if u will.

Dirty Crow

May 19, 2010
Visit site
the tablet itself uses a micro sd card, but the dock uses an sdhc card, myo nly assumption is that maybe the tablet is treating it as an external drive, and needs to mount it every time it is turned on or woken up if u will.

wow, that kind of stinks... i've put a bunch of music on my msdcard and doubletwist and other music apps can't see the files on the msdcard either.... not sure if i'm doing something wrong.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't happen on the mSDcard just on the sdcard on the docking keyboard. Right now i'm transferring files from the msdcard to the sdcard and if the screen goes to sleep the transfer dies. very disappointing to say the least. I looked in the settings -> asus customized settings -> battery savings and tried both checking and unchecking "mobile docking battery saving mode." I guess I'll have to use the developers option -> stay awake when charging, but that's just not really a long term solution.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

My misunderstanding. I think that being the slot on the dock is the most probable cause. That makes perfect sense now.

Dirty Crow

May 19, 2010
Visit site
fyi, the msdcard seems to be readable by doubletwist now and it finds the music there but not on the SDcard on the doc. I've worked around the SDcard falling asleep on the doc issue by going into dev options and setting the transforer not to go into sleep mode when charging. It does dim after 1 - 2 minutes of not being used. I guess this is a working solution but not one I really care for but such is life

now if I could only figure out how to set the camera to save to msdcard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax