If you could do it over....

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Would you have waited for a 7" ASUS running ICS and a Tegra 3?

I'm asking because a 10.1" tablet seems a bit much, especially when holding it while reading books or watching movies. I've never owned a 10.1" tablet so I really don't know.

The Prime looks awesome, and I'm seriously considering dumping my BB Playbook for one. (Literally dumping the playbook, in the garbage)

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
As the previous poster, I too, wouldn't change a thing. I've owned an iPad 2, Acer Iconia A100 & now the Transformer Prime. The prime, although being a 10' tablet doesn't feel as much of a burden to move around as the ipad. Haven't had experience with a 7' tablet I think it all depends on what you want to use it for and how much you travel with it. 7' just feels right whenever you're ready to just go, While a 10' tab requires a little preparation.

But to make a long story long...i wouldn't change a thing. I'm enjoying my prime way too much & i do enjoy the screen real estate.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I may have to bite the bullet and pick one up.

The playbook has to be the lamest tablet ever. The GUI is very boring, not to mention it just got native email about a month ago, and it's got to be the worst email experience ever. V2.0 is unstable, No Netflix, the apps that are free elsewhere are pretty expensive on BB appworld. I could go on and on.

I was set on getting a 7" android tablet, but now that I've seen the Prime in action, I'm not so sure.

Sent using Tapatalk

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I would say if anything, try to get one from either amazon, Best Buy or Staples. THey all have some pretty good return policies. That way you can see how you feel about the device and if you don't like it. Give it back. I don't think you'd end up wanting to give it back though. lol. But that's just my bias opinion.

ShelJW

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I just received my Transformer Prime on Saturday, having purchased it from Best Buy.

So far, it's been flawless, and a total pleasure to use! Last night i read on another forum how to connect my Thunderbolt to the TP wirelessly, to use as a HotSpot!

Yeah! FREE hotspot with my cell phone, eliminating the need to pay $30 a month!

I've also thought about wether or not a smaller tablet would be easier to carry around. I guess I'll see how it goes for the next few weeks, but so far, it's really not much of a hassle to take with me. I put an inexpensive, pretty thin case on it, so I can stand it up when I want to read while eating lunch or whatever.

Overall, this thing is FAST, games (check out Shinerunner!) are fantastic, tons of free apps for work... what's not to like?

skycross

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
The prime is so thin and easy to hold that the size is perfect. My gf has a 8.9 Samsung and it feels no easier to hold.

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, after seeing some videos on the Prime 700 (coming out in Q2) I might wait. Doesn't seem like one could go wrong with either one though!

Sent using Tapatalk

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I moved from iPad 1 to Prime. Prime is was more comfortable to me, and I read on it most nights too without difficulty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek