| || |
Re: Is it worth getting it now?
1. Wifi issues haven't been an issue for me. GPS is another matter entirely.
Originally Posted by MoonlightSoldier
2. Don't know if they're shipping with ICS or not, but if they aren't you still don't have to "update it manually". It will download the update automatically in the background and it's only a couple of clicks to launch the automated install process.
3. No dates have been announced for the Infinity, but you might wait to see if it releases before you leave.
4. Who do we looks like, Asus marketing? My guess if some retailers MAY offer a price drop, but probably not. It is more likely that TF201supplies will just dry up.
5. Plastic panels on the back so no wifi or GPS issues. The Infinity 700 has a better screen. There are other threads in this forum that detail the differences, it should take you all of 3 seconds to find them with the search function.
6. Dock is optional. I take mine with me on trips in lieu of a laptop. Prime + Dock + Splashtop gets me everything that I need, though I'd prefer a larger keyboard.
7. No idea what aDownload is. There is an "aDownloader" app available in the market for the Prime, assuming that's what you meant.
8. Yes. These questions are getting silly.
9. Yes. Like every other Android device on the planet, it has a data cable.
10. Pretty easy, but I wouldn't recommend writing any books on it or doing anything that involves a huge amount of typing, unless you have tiny fingers.
11. This wouldn't be a function or limitiation of the Prime, it would be a question of whether or not you have installed software that creates office-compatible PowerPoint files. I'm sure that's probably possible.