transformer prime update march,29,2012

weezel

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
figured out that my prime didn't want to wake up from sleep mode. i checked the power light to shut it down and then held the power button until reboot. i turned off sleep mode and now having no problems.:)

Reactions: Morpheus#AC

Morpheus#AC

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
figured out that my prime didn't want to wake up from sleep mode. i checked the power light to shut it down and then held the power button until reboot. i turned off sleep mode and now having no problems.:)

@ Weezel, Thanks. My Prime downloaded the update, installed it and was running fine (the update actually fixed the screen flicker during multi-tasking for me) before apparently going to sleep and not being able to wake up while I was playing a game hours later. I applied your reset method (which I had tried before to no avail) and have turned off screen timeout. This appears to have done the trick.

Asus needs to push a fix right away, obviously screen timeout is a useful power saving feature.

(FWIW, this is the first update that has caused a problem/ "broken" a functionality for me.)

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
LOL, it is curious, not to say strange, that in these days,where internet is becoming ubiquitous, even in flights,, through WiFi, they invented this mode?
I would imagine the programmers at Asus fly a lot and are obviously traumatised about it to put a special mode for it.
And I would prefer to have the option not to have it in my menus

airplane mode, has literally been in almost every smartphone, and most non smartphones, for atleast the past 5 years, not just tablets.

Sneakerislife is correct, my last 4 smartphones have had this feature. Even though some airlines are offering wifi access, those APs are still turned off during takeoff and landing, and until the plane reaches cruising altitude. Technically ALL electronic devices are supposed to be off during takeoff and landing, and then once you're up to cruising altitude you can use electronic devices that don't have radios in them (or are working in airplane mode with all anetennae off). At least in the United States.

ilomambo

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Kmcferrin & Sneakerislife, I did not mean to say airplane mode its new, just that it is not important enough to have it on the main pad menu, which, BTW, HAS changed in this last update. And I liked better the way it was before.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
@ Weezel, Thanks. My Prime downloaded the update, installed it and was running fine (the update actually fixed the screen flicker during multi-tasking for me) before apparently going to sleep and not being able to wake up while I was playing a game hours later. I applied your reset method (which I had tried before to no avail) and have turned off screen timeout. This appears to have done the trick.

Asus needs to push a fix right away, obviously screen timeout is a useful power saving feature.

(FWIW, this is the first update that has caused a problem/ "broken" a functionality for me.)

Even with screen timeout turned off, I still get the same problem if I lock the screen, which I do quite frequently, so this is a huge PITA. Worse yet is that factory resetting doesn't seem to be helping, so yeah, ASUS needs to get a patch out in a big way.

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
[YT][/YT]
Kmcferrin & Sneakerislife, I did not mean to say airplane mode its new, just that it is not important enough to have it on the main pad menu, which, BTW, HAS changed in this last update. And I liked better the way it was before.

in every android phone ive owned, and seen or played with its part of the quick menu on the drop down. it goes wifi bluetooth silent/vibrant gps and airplane mode, its only naturaly they would include it in the shortcuts as well, as its common now a days for it to be there.

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Why is there a dot in the bottom middle of screen now? Does anyone know what it's for?

It's to lock the screen, so that if you are playing a video/using an app/playing a game, the screen doesn't accidentally get touched down below. A lot of times, when playing games for instance, if you touched the bottom of the screen, it would close out the game you were playing and go back to the home screen. The middle button you are talking about can be touched and slid to lock the screen.