transformer prime update march,29,2012

jastep

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
so i just got the update that asus was going on about but there's still no face unlock option in security anybody else having the same problem?

alhull

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the update too, but where is there any changelog info on just what this new version is supposed to offer/fix???

benude

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
After the update, I started receiving pop-up warnings in the default browser about invalid SSL certs... even when browsing non-SSL web pages.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
The change log has been available for about a week on numerous android sites. Here is a list of features that we got.

- Market will be updated to Play Store (that should've already happened, actually), as well as Books, Music, and Movies updated to their Play varaints

- ASUS Vibe will be updated from 1.0 to 2.0 with an improved interface and content

- LAN Support via USB to ethernet adapter

- Ad-hoc network support

- The ability to choose between landscape and portrait mode when using HDMI output to a TV

- Handle notifications from Lock Screen

- Face unlock

Hope this helps.

wipeout

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Looks pretty good so far, did break a SystemUI theme that I had that returned the back/home/multitasking buttons to stock ICS look. It doesn't sound like that developer is continuing development for the stock ROM, either.

ep1963

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The change log has been available for about a week on numerous android sites. Here is a list of features that we got.

- Market will be updated to Play Store (that should've already happened, actually), as well as Books, Music, and Movies updated to their Play varaints

- ASUS Vibe will be updated from 1.0 to 2.0 with an improved interface and content

- LAN Support via USB to ethernet adapter

- Ad-hoc network support

- The ability to choose between landscape and portrait mode when using HDMI output to a TV

- Handle notifications from Lock Screen

- Face unlock

Hope this helps.

Not seeing the face unlock

jwwilker

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
So, if you look in Settings>Apps and then select All you can actually see that Face Unlock is included in this update, but you can't access it. I wonder why ASUS would do that?

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
What I've found so far:
- Battery in System Menu now shows battery statistics for apps

- System bar lock: you can lock the system bar (for when you're playing games, etc.) by pressing the dot in the center of the bar and sliding the lock over. Unlock it the same way.

- Battery Saving: Disconnect network during sleep: is that new? I don't remember seeing it before.

- ASUS Keyboard: did it support "trace input" before (like Swype)? I've been using the Android stock keyboard for a while so I might not have noticed if this came in an earlier update.

** Update: OK this trace input seems crazy accurate on the ASUS keyboard. I used Swype for several months on my EVO 4G and it was good, but never as accurate as what I've seen in the last 10 minutes on the Transformer.

Last edited:

ilomambo

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
What happened to the notifications pad?

Did i touch something or is this a change with the new firmware?
Instead of the stylish pad with ics , Bluetooth and power save I got now a simpler pad, uglier and missing the same functions ( although for some reason they seem to think that airplane mode, which I don't know yet what it is, is important enough to be there)

ilomambo

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
airplane mode disconnects all antennae ie wifi, bluetooth or gps

LOL, it is curious, not to say strange, that in these days,where internet is becoming ubiquitous, even in flights,, through WiFi, they invented this mode?
I would imagine the programmers at Asus fly a lot and are obviously traumatised about it to put a special mode for it.
And I would prefer to have the option not to have it in my menus

Djnikkofb

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine had stopped booting up. All i Get is loop. The recovery console shows dead Droid with red exclamation point. I had to RMA to asus..

Nikko was Here

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
LOL, it is curious, not to say strange, that in these days,where internet is becoming ubiquitous, even in flights,, through WiFi, they invented this mode?
I would imagine the programmers at Asus fly a lot and are obviously traumatised about it to put a special mode for it.
And I would prefer to have the option not to have it in my menus

airplane mode, has literally been in almost every smartphone, and most non smartphones, for atleast the past 5 years, not just tablets.