Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default transformer prime update march,29,2012

so i just got the update that asus was going on about but there's still no face unlock option in security anybody else having the same problem?

Default Re: transformer prime update march,29,2012

I got the update too, but where is there any changelog info on just what this new version is supposed to offer/fix???

After the update, I started receiving pop-up warnings in the default browser about invalid SSL certs... even when browsing non-SSL web pages.

no face unlock for me either. Anyone have a change log?

The change log has been available for about a week on numerous android sites. Here is a list of features that we got.

- Market will be updated to Play Store (that should've already happened, actually), as well as Books, Music, and Movies updated to their Play varaints

- ASUS Vibe will be updated from 1.0 to 2.0 with an improved interface and content

- LAN Support via USB to ethernet adapter

- Ad-hoc network support

- The ability to choose between landscape and portrait mode when using HDMI output to a TV

- Handle notifications from Lock Screen

- Face unlock

Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Looks pretty good so far, did break a SystemUI theme that I had that returned the back/home/multitasking buttons to stock ICS look. It doesn't sound like that developer is continuing development for the stock ROM, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    The change log has been available for about a week on numerous android sites. Here is a list of features that we got.

- Market will be updated to Play Store (that should've already happened, actually), as well as Books, Music, and Movies updated to their Play varaints

- ASUS Vibe will be updated from 1.0 to 2.0 with an improved interface and content

- LAN Support via USB to ethernet adapter

- Ad-hoc network support

- The ability to choose between landscape and portrait mode when using HDMI output to a TV

- Handle notifications from Lock Screen

- Face unlock

Hope this helps.
    Not seeing the face unlock

Asus confirmed on their twitter that Face Unlock isn't be a part of this update.

So, if you look in Settings>Apps and then select All you can actually see that Face Unlock is included in this update, but you can't access it. I wonder why ASUS would do that?
    Mayor of Awesometown

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

What I've found so far:
    - Battery in System Menu now shows battery statistics for apps

- System bar lock: you can lock the system bar (for when you're playing games, etc.) by pressing the dot in the center of the bar and sliding the lock over. Unlock it the same way.

- Battery Saving: Disconnect network during sleep: is that new? I don't remember seeing it before.

- ASUS Keyboard: did it support "trace input" before (like Swype)? I've been using the Android stock keyboard for a while so I might not have noticed if this came in an earlier update.

** Update: OK this trace input seems crazy accurate on the ASUS keyboard. I used Swype for several months on my EVO 4G and it was good, but never as accurate as what I've seen in the last 10 minutes on the Transformer.
    Last edited by jeffreytz; 03-29-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: update
    JT
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Scoundrellv likes this.

Default What happened to the notifications pad?

Did i touch something or is this a change with the new firmware?
    Instead of the stylish pad with ics , Bluetooth and power save I got now a simpler pad, uglier and missing the same functions ( although for some reason they seem to think that airplane mode, which I don't know yet what it is, is important enough to be there)

airplane mode disconnects all antennae ie wifi, bluetooth or gps

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakersislife View Post
    airplane mode disconnects all antennae ie wifi, bluetooth or gps
    LOL, it is curious, not to say strange, that in these days,where internet is becoming ubiquitous, even in flights,, through WiFi, they invented this mode?
    I would imagine the programmers at Asus fly a lot and are obviously traumatised about it to put a special mode for it.
    And I would prefer to have the option not to have it in my menus
    Banned

Prime stop working after update. It won't turn on but would charge. No root!
    Morpheus#AC likes this.

Also not working and fully charged. Wake up ASUS.
    Morpheus#AC likes this.

ROM
    Stock MR2 OTA ROOTed

Mine had stopped booting up. All i Get is loop. The recovery console shows dead Droid with red exclamation point. I had to RMA to asus..

Nikko was Here
    Morpheus#AC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilomambo View Post
    LOL, it is curious, not to say strange, that in these days,where internet is becoming ubiquitous, even in flights,, through WiFi, they invented this mode?
    I would imagine the programmers at Asus fly a lot and are obviously traumatised about it to put a special mode for it.
    And I would prefer to have the option not to have it in my menus
    airplane mode, has literally been in almost every smartphone, and most non smartphones, for atleast the past 5 years, not just tablets.

My update went just fine.

ROM
    EMANCIPATION

Quote Originally Posted by Software Guy View Post
    same here in Mass. Turned on my prime yesterday morning, downloaded the update, working as beautifully as it was before.
    Samsung Infuse - Emancipation A:I

Quote Originally Posted by Software Guy View Post
    mine went fine as well, just press update and let it do its thing then it rebooted etc,,done.

Quote Originally Posted by Djnikkofb View Post
    Mine had stopped booting up. All i Get is loop. The recovery console shows dead Droid with red exclamation point. I had to RMA to asus..

Nikko was Here
    Same thing happen to me.
    Morpheus#AC likes this.

Ok here`s my first issue after updating. My "dead Space" game crashes. If anyone knows a fix to this let me know.

figured out that my prime didn't want to wake up from sleep mode. i checked the power light to shut it down and then held the power button until reboot. i turned off sleep mode and now having no problems.
    Thanked by:
    Morpheus#AC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by weezel View Post
    figured out that my prime didn't want to wake up from sleep mode. i checked the power light to shut it down and then held the power button until reboot. i turned off sleep mode and now having no problems.
    @ Weezel, Thanks. My Prime downloaded the update, installed it and was running fine (the update actually fixed the screen flicker during multi-tasking for me) before apparently going to sleep and not being able to wake up while I was playing a game hours later. I applied your reset method (which I had tried before to no avail) and have turned off screen timeout. This appears to have done the trick.

Asus needs to push a fix right away, obviously screen timeout is a useful power saving feature.

(FWIW, this is the first update that has caused a problem/ "broken" a functionality for me.)

Quote Originally Posted by c00l0ne View Post
    Ok here`s my first issue after updating. My "dead Space" game crashes. If anyone knows a fix to this let me know.

Never mind fixed it, just needed to reboot
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast